Mileage

Chico130s

Jul 8, 2021
VA
Do we have any hard data on actual mileage of new Ford lightning? I would love to see how it actually performs on real life.

wingfiry

Jun 18, 2021
McDonald, TN
Do we have any hard data on actual mileage of new Ford lightning? I would love to see how it actually performs on real life.
unfortunately, not yet. There are no full production vehicles made as of yet, so none of the testers have been able to test them. It would be nice if they could test one of the pre-production models just to give us some ballpark idea though.

OP
C

Chico130s

Jul 8, 2021
VA
unfortunately, not yet. There are no full production vehicles made as of yet, so none of the testers have been able to test them. It would be nice if they could test one of the pre-production models just to give us some ballpark idea though.
Agreed. Especially with the fact that current milage estimates are based on a 1000lb payload. I would love to see what both the 230 and 300 mile trucks do without payload. That difference will affect whether I go pro or xlt

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
There is a you tub that said they had figured I would go 465 miles with the extended battery

MacMike

Jun 18, 2021
Texas
There is a you tub that said they had figured I would go 465 miles with the extended battery
You have to remember that video was made by a tech guy and not by an EV expert. There is no way one can add 50% more range by taking out the 1000 lb payload.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
We won't know till we get one and drive it but have you ever tried to ride a bike with tires 1/2 inflated. When you put 1000 pounds on two tires they flatten out and it is real hard to roll a square tire so I can see where a 1000 pounds can use a lot more fuel. but I am not and EV expert either. But I hope we can get more miles if we drive under 70 miles an hour

MacMike

Jun 18, 2021
Texas
We won't know till we get one and drive it but have you ever tried to ride a bike with tires 1/2 inflated. When you put 1000 pounds on two tires they flatten out and it is real hard to roll a square tire so I can see where a 1000 pounds can use a lot more fuel. but I am not and EV expert either. But I hope we can get more miles if we drive under 70 miles an hour
The Lightning has 4 tires so the bike analogy has no bearing. Payload capacity for F-150s is 1640 lbs. Plus tires for pickups have greater load capacity than bike tires. Yes, driving slower will increase your range. An interesting video here about the video claiming more range. Also remember Ford has been testing EVs for a while now and if the F-150 had a 400 mile range you can bet Ford would make that the headline of the Lightning.