Minor Front Bumper Trim Panel Warp - Replacing under Warranty

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hello,

Just wanted to share a minor issue I saw with the front bumper, black plastic trim piece. I noticed it about a month after I picked it up but just forgot to mention it to the dealer on my first 10,000 mile service. I noticed the drivers side of the black plastic trim panel had one section at the top that would not “snap” all the way into the fastener hole and stay there - it would just pop out slightly, this is the area:

IMG_4969.jpeg

you could barely notice it but it should not do this regardless. When I was in for my 20,000 (a bit early since I have 18,500 on it) they looked at it and said it was warped and it would be replaced under warranty. They ordered the part and I am just waiting on the part to arrive so they can swap it out.

Just wanted to share in case you all want to check your trucks for the same condition. As a reminder mine is a 2023 Lariat ER that was build in Dec 2022 and delivered to me on 1/6/23.

Hope you are all having a great summer!

OP
Kstype

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Just an update - my appointment was on a Friday - they ordered the part then and it was in on Monday - so some parts seem to be quickly sourced (but it could be a common part with ICE variant).