My Lightning has been at Ford Dealer for Repairs for nearly 4-months

nc27101

Sep 23, 2023
Finger Lakes, NY
This is my first post. Took delivery of my 22 Lightning, Lariat, extended range battery in June of 2022. We live in Upstate NY. Loved the truck, but had some minor issues with air dam actuator, that required 3 service visits, and still not fixed. This defect started around 10,000 miles. Around 19,000 miles the Heat and AC stopped working reliably, and contacted dealer to schedule another service. At the time of the visit, the Frunk button at the hood edge would not work, and passenger side power window would not operate, lane keeper (auto drive) would no longer operate, and active air dam error still showing up. With Summer starting, the AC was kind of important.. Dropped the truck off to Maguire Ford in Canandaigua, NY on June 2nd, 2023. As of today, September 23rd, the dealer, and Ford cannot fix the truck. Every possible part of the HVAC was replaced... They claimed, we figured it out, compressor was bad, waiting for compressor... Part finally received and installed by dealer. Sorry, that didnt fix it. More parts ordered..more parts installed, still not fixed. Ford engineers were summoned, inspected the truck, more parts ordered, still not fixed.

They went right down the line, part, after part, disassembly of the truck, reassembly of the truck, road test, more parts, for three and a half months now. I got ford involved and asked for a buyback, trade it for a new lightning, and they said I had missed that window since I was over 18,000 miles. Ford sent their ford engineers to town to investigate, and still seems to be sitting in the same place, back of the lot, all torn apart. Latest news is that we are waiting for a cooling fan that is on backorder - but just arrived. The dealer (Maguire ford, Canandaigua NY) does not call me, even though I have requested weekly updates at this point. Called the dealer last Friday, and asked if the part had arrived...placed on hold for 14 minutes, to finally be informed it has not arrived, still on backorder.

I was an early adopter of the Lightning, and feel I've been burned horribly. Our family loved the truck, but mine was very buggy from the start, and both Ford and the dealership have dropped the ball terribly.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
This is my first post. Took delivery of my 22 Lightning, Lariat, extended range battery in June of 2022. We live in Upstate NY. Loved the truck, but had some minor issues with air dam actuator, that required 3 service visits, and still not fixed. This defect started around 10,000 miles. Around 19,000 miles the Heat and AC stopped working reliably, and contacted dealer to schedule another service. At the time of the visit, the Frunk button at the hood edge would not work, and passenger side power window would not operate, lane keeper (auto drive) would no longer operate, and active air dam error still showing up. With Summer starting, the AC was kind of important.. Dropped the truck off to Maguire Ford in Canandaigua, NY on June 2nd, 2023. As of today, September 23rd, the dealer, and Ford cannot fix the truck. Every possible part of the HVAC was replaced... They claimed, we figured it out, compressor was bad, waiting for compressor... Part finally received and installed by dealer. Sorry, that didnt fix it. More parts ordered..more parts installed, still not fixed. Ford engineers were summoned, inspected the truck, more parts ordered, still not fixed.

They went right down the line, part, after part, disassembly of the truck, reassembly of the truck, road test, more parts, for three and a half months now. I got ford involved and asked for a buyback, trade it for a new lightning, and they said I had missed that window since I was over 18,000 miles. Ford sent their ford engineers to town to investigate, and still seems to be sitting in the same place, back of the lot, all torn apart. Latest news is that we are waiting for a cooling fan that is on backorder - but just arrived. The dealer (Maguire ford, Canandaigua NY) does not call me, even though I have requested weekly updates at this point. Called the dealer last Friday, and asked if the part had arrived...placed on hold for 14 minutes, to finally be informed it has not arrived, still on backorder.

I was an early adopter of the Lightning, and feel I've been burned horribly. Our family loved the truck, but mine was very buggy from the start, and both Ford and the dealership have dropped the ball terribly.
I am sorry you are having all these problems. I would call an attorney and see if there is seal a Lemon Law.I would get the name of board members and write them I would also give the story to Detroit paper and I would also give the story to my local News station

Last edited: