Nema 14-30 for Mobile Power Cord/Charger

bencarl

Oct 17, 2023
Canada
Is there a nema 14-30 connector for the mobile power cord/charger? I only have 240 40 amp on 8 gauge cable running into my garage with a nema 14-30 outlet. Do not want to use an adapter... only a proper ford approved/supplied connector to the outlet. I know I can eventually wire the charging station pro to the 30 amp when it arrives but for now will need to use the 14-30.

Old Aviator

Nov 18, 2021
WPB
Not sure what you mean Ford “approved”. If Ford does not sell it it’s not Ford approved. For my house that I do not have FCSP inI bought 10’ extension that converts dryer outlet to connector compatible with EV charger plug because I want to be able to also use the dryer when needed. Works Great for the Ford Mobile Charger and if I pack carefully I can store it in same case as the mobile charger! Adds about 15 miles/hr.

This is Amazon listing

Parkworld 885491-10FT EV Adapter Cord NEMA 5-15P to 14-50R (ONLY for Tesla UMC or Other EV Charging, NOT for RV) (10FT)

Beartooth

Oct 26, 2023
British Columbia
I have heard the term dryer outlet when referring to a home receptacle for charging an ev. The "plug" that is given when buying an ev has a stove plug configuration. A stove outlet is required. Dryer outlets are 30 amps but can only be loaded to 80-85% capacity. Ev's charge a little more than 30 amps on level 2 so a stove outlet is required. My son has an electric car and being an electrician I wired my carport for one when he visits.