Tony

Sep 20, 2021
Pittsburgh
After lurking awhile here, I joined to possible contribute. I belong to several other car forums with the name 2004ctsv. I guess that gives some info on my vehicle ownership. I’ve owned Ford trucks (rangers and f150’s) continuously since 1981. I have a supercrew lariat 4x4 now. Two wheel drive truck in western Pennsylvania is known as a summer vehicle.
I’ve put in my reservation for the electric F150 but with all the reservations and such low production, I’m not hopeful of getting one any time soon.

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
After lurking awhile here, I joined to possible contribute. I belong to several other car forums with the name 2004ctsv. I guess that gives some info on my vehicle ownership. I’ve owned Ford trucks (rangers and f150’s) continuously since 1981. I have a supercrew lariat 4x4 now. Two wheel drive truck in western Pennsylvania is known as a summer vehicle.
I’ve put in my reservation for the electric F150 but with all the reservations and such low production, I’m not hopeful of getting one any time soon.
I’m not expecting one the first year either.

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
Also not expecting mine first year. lol. From the looks of it, might not be the second year either! hahahaha.

I have owned a Ford before... but not a pickup truck. It's been Chrysler and Ram for the most part for a long time now. Not that I think they are any better. ...just I tend to see cars/trucks as mostly the same and just go with what you are comfortable with until something truly different comes along. The whole-house generator capability is that something different for me.

OP
T

Tony

Sep 20, 2021
Pittsburgh
Also not expecting mine first year. lol. From the looks of it, might not be the second year either! hahahaha.

I have owned a Ford before... but not a pickup truck. It's been Chrysler and Ram for the most part for a long time now. Not that I think they are any better. ...just I tend to see cars/trucks as mostly the same and just go with what you are comfortable with until something truly different comes along. The whole-house generator capability is that something different for me.
You’re pretty much correct about vehicles in general. In a given price range, looks and performance are all similar. Low drag, smallest engine for mileage, etc.
I’m already set up for 5000 watt emergency generation with mechanical interlock for safety and code. I don’t want to add 100 amp 240v to the box. I’m more interested in the 240v outlet in the bed of the truck. I would consider using that if it’s capable of 20 to 30 amps. I can adequately run my house on 5kw supply w/o central air.

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
You’re pretty much correct about vehicles in general. In a given price range, looks and performance are all similar. Low drag, smallest engine for mileage, etc.
I’m already set up for 5000 watt emergency generation with mechanical interlock for safety and code. I don’t want to add 100 amp 240v to the box. I’m more interested in the 240v outlet in the bed of the truck. I would consider using that if it’s capable of 20 to 30 amps. I can adequately run my house on 5kw supply w/o central air.
The outlets in the truck are kinda big for me, too. I do a lot of work for friends and typically drag half my shop to their house. hahahaha. Won't have a lot of use for the 240 outlet but man I love the capability of it. Truly the first vehicle that I am not looking at like just another vehicle but with a couple of somewhat updated bells and whistles. This one has bells and whistles. ...and a horn section! hahahahaha

OP
T

Tony

Sep 20, 2021
Pittsburgh
The outlets in the truck are kinda big for me, too. I do a lot of work for friends and typically drag half my shop to their house. hahahaha. Won't have a lot of use for the 240 outlet but man I love the capability of it. Truly the first vehicle that I am not looking at like just another vehicle but with a couple of somewhat updated bells and whistles. This one has bells and whistles. ...and a horn section! hahahahaha
Check your table saw. My old craftsman allowed 220 hookup. It makes a BIG difference.
i know what you mean. My Delta chop saw and my compressor are in temporary residence at my daughter’s house.

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA

Welcome to the forum Tony!