Plastic-fantastic LED unibrow

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
I'm one of the early reservations "< 10 minutes in the reservation process", I really like the idea of an electric truck. I canceled my Cybertruck order to get the Lightning.

But am I the only one that is bothered by the plastic-fantastic front LED unibrow? The more close up pictures I see, the more I hate it. It looks so cheaply made, reminds me of a 1990s fridge light. It's especially abhorrent when it is off. Anyone else hate that unibrow? I am kinda on the fence about it, do I wait for second gen Lightning or do I suck it up.

I wish ford had kept the 2021 design on the Lightning, I really like the 2021 design. Anyone seen this thing in person? Do you get used to it?

Thanks

Last edited:

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I say you are spot on . The white plastic light bar looks old and like it will crumble in 2 years. I liked the 2021 better to but I see everyone wanting that old looking light bar. I was hopping to replace it with something nice or maybe chrome. I would also like chrome bumper. Just some chrome.

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021
I'm one of the early reservations "< 10 minutes in the reservation process", I really like the idea of an electric truck. I canceled my Cybertruck order to get the Lightning.

But am I the only one that is bothered by the plastic-fantastic front LED unibrow? The more close up pictures I see, the more I hate it. It looks so cheaply made, reminds me of a 1990s fridge light. It's especially abhorrent when it is off. Anyone else hate that unibrow? I am kinda on the fence about it, do I wait for second gen Lightning or do I suck it up.

I wish ford had kept the 2021 design on the Lightning, I really like the 2021 design. Anyone seen this thing in person? Do you get used to it?

Thanks
Good thing about this Ford is because it is the highest selling Ford truck, you know there will be mods for it. I guarantee there are manufacturers looking at offering changes. If you wait to purchase, you'll be waiting a while, just remember that.

OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
All good points, maybe something aftermarket will come out. Of maybe tinting it might make it look better. Thanks

5ohbrad

Jun 8, 2021
Texas

Thanks
Couldn't agree more! Ford got it right making their electric truck look, well- like a truck! The ICE counterpart's lighting and grill shape are far more favorable. I can't stand the backlit white plastic white running lights. Something will have to be done about that.

GOFAST

Oct 19, 2021
Annapolis, MD

Thanks
When I saw it in person at the Washington DC event, I thought the same thing. It does look a little cheap. Looks great in the dark though.

Attachments

• 08F9ED3C-6EC6-42EB-A40F-E5EAC5210737.jpeg
    08F9ED3C-6EC6-42EB-A40F-E5EAC5210737.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 129
  • D2E136A4-67F5-431D-9F9C-2CC4BDC0F8A5.jpeg
    D2E136A4-67F5-431D-9F9C-2CC4BDC0F8A5.jpeg
    535.3 KB · Views: 131
OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
When I saw it in person at the Washington DC event, I thought the same thing. It does look a little cheap. Looks great in the dark though.

Yeah, I agree. It looks much better in the dark... I am thinking I will just tint it black so it won't stick out as much when it's off during the day.

Do you have any photos of the tail end of that XLT?

Also, was the front "grille" plastic?