Ford Lightning for Overlanding?

OP
K

Kogi

Sep 5, 2021
San Antonio
Not sure about overlanding, but I am planning to get a Putco rack and a rooftop tent.
I'll be honest I've never been camping, but I got two little ones thats I want them to experience it. Looking into it I stumbled on overlanding and thought how great it would be to use the lightning to do it.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
The Lightning will be perfect for camping. If you charge the battery close to the campground, you can use the power ports for a fridge and a fan. A rooftop tent on the bed would be good for aerodynamics so you don’t lose range.

OP
K

Kogi

Sep 5, 2021
San Antonio
The Lightning will be perfect for camping. If you charge the battery close to the campground, you can use the power ports for a fridge and a fan. A rooftop tent on the bed would be good for aerodynamics so you don’t lose range.
Thats good to hear. We are really looking forward to the adventures and memories.

pembley

Oct 1, 2021
Pleasant Grove, UT
I currently overland with a Tacoma, and plan to do the same with the Lightning. I'm interested in what mods others might make. I'm thinking of lifting a couple of inches and updating the tires. It would be great if someone could figure out how to run solar panels in order to charge the big battery.

OP
K

Kogi

Sep 5, 2021
San Antonio
I'm really inexperienced with EVs in general so it's good to hear that we can lift it a big and possibly add all terrains.