Power up software version

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Ok, someone help me. It appears there is no way to figure out what version I am running until I get an update. Basically, in the software update section I hit the pull down and it ”checks for an update” but nothing is available and thus says “no updates available at this time for your vehicle”, but doesn‘t show current version.
Then I thought maybe the general tab under about. It shows lots of great info there, but not the “Power Up” version. There is a sync version of 22326_Product Revison: 640

But I am expecting to see something like 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 which I think is the latest for Platnium Lightning. Anyone know another way to find this info?

OP
S

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Ok, someone help me. It appears there is no way to figure out what version I am running until I get an update. Basically, in the software update section I hit the pull down and it ”checks for an update” but nothing is available and thus says “no updates available at this time for your vehicle”, but doesn‘t show current version.
Then I thought maybe the general tab under about. It shows lots of great info there, but not the “Power Up” version. There is a sync version of 22326_Product Revison: 640

But I am expecting to see something like 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 which I think is the latest for Platnium Lightning. Anyone know another way to find this info?
But hey, I get hands free driving for 50 years 😀

Attachments

• CA47D4AA-DFB2-42EB-8C48-AB98D032BCF8.jpeg
    CA47D4AA-DFB2-42EB-8C48-AB98D032BCF8.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 133
  • 269777D3-2266-4C71-9998-1A7177E0625C.jpeg
    269777D3-2266-4C71-9998-1A7177E0625C.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 131
OP
S

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
So with no responses, I guess this confirms there is no way to tell what software version I am running. Bummer.

OP
S

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Kinda. This is just a simple fail by Ford. I might be on 3.5.4 or 4.1.1 based on the feature updates added, but I won’t ever know for sure what it is now. The good news is when something new becomes available and I update, then I will be able to see the version going forward.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Kinda. This is just a simple fail by Ford. I might be on 3.5.4 or 4.1.1 based on the feature updates added, but I won’t ever know for sure what it is now. The good news is when something new becomes available and I update, then I will be able to see the version going forward.
Have you connected your truck to your home WiFi

OP
S

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Have you connected your truck to your home WiFi
Yes, as you can see in one of the pictures I attached above. But, that has nothing to do with (or should have nothing to do with) finding the version you are running. I get Wi-Fi might be needed to download and install an update, but I just want to know what version I have running now.

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
I am curious about this too - all we can see is the SYNC version. I will reach out to contacts I have at Ford to se if there is any trick.

Crimnl

May 15, 2023
Craigleith Ontario

Go into the phone app, look under vehicle, software updates, then “recent updates” and it will tell you the date and version of the last update. I can not find any way to determine this on the vehicle.

OP
S

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Go into the phone app, look under vehicle, software updates, then “recent updates” and it will tell you the date and version of the last update. I can not find any way to determine this on the vehicle.
Actually, when you get the truck from the factory, that “recent updates” is also blank. There is no way to know what version you are on until the first time it “updates”.
Once it has, then either the app method you mentioned above, or the software updates tab in the truck give the same info.