Suggestions for lightning app?

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Does anyone know if Ford is open to suggestions for improving their app?
Simple things like showing inside temp while remote start is running? I love that in my Tesla, I know when it’s warm enough to hop in and leave.
also, have option to enable/disable the deep sleep option.

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
The cabin temp would be a great add and perhaps controls for each seat heater/cooler.

I would also like to see them consolidate the “charging” related information into one place, currently you need to use the “Account” and scroll all the way down to “Charge Station” to see the ChargeStation Pro data/controls. I think it should be one of the options under Vehicle > Charging where they seems to already have a blank spot anyway:

5B977E9E-E123-4B63-BD63-5654005D3BE0.jpeg

OP
S

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Oh, and not for the app necessarily, but “walk away auto lock”!
how was that missed??? I mean really, Ford probably has more engineers than any other car company and yet they missed that, wow!

Triaspis

Jan 27, 2024
Bordentown NJ
Oh, and not for the app necessarily, but “walk away auto lock”!
how was that missed??? I mean really, Ford probably has more engineers than any other car company and yet they missed that, wow!
YES! This!!
My $30k 2015 Chevy Volt (GREAT car btw!!), had this feature of auto locking (as you walked away) and I both loved and became accustomed to it.

Here we are almost 10 yrs later and on a vehicle 3x the price and its lacking?? Really??

I have to imagine that since the truck can already sense you approaching with the remote, that it shouldn't be so hard for it to sense your departure from the vehicle via remote and lock the doors?

This really seems like a "no-brainer" to me and I'm actually astounded that this feature is lacking in a vehicle with so much technology and such a heavy price tag.

Hopefully this gross oversight will get rectified in a future OTA update ...... but I aint holding my breath

Otherwise, I'm largely enjoying the vehicle since I got the whole sunrun charger fiasco behind me ..... only took 6 weeks to finally get my charger after weeks of sunrun blaming Ford and Ford blaming Sunrun

OP
S

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
YES! This!!
My $30k 2015 Chevy Volt (GREAT car btw!!), had this feature of auto locking (as you walked away) and I both loved and became accustomed to it.

Here we are almost 10 yrs later and on a vehicle 3x the price and its lacking?? Really??

I have to imagine that since the truck can already sense you approaching with the remote, that it shouldn't be so hard for it to sense your departure from the vehicle via remote and lock the doors?

This really seems like a "no-brainer" to me and I'm actually astounded that this feature is lacking in a vehicle with so much technology and such a heavy price tag.

Hopefully this gross oversight will get rectified in a future OTA update ...... but I aint holding my breath

Otherwise, I'm largely enjoying the vehicle since I got the whole sunrun charger fiasco behind me ..... only took 6 weeks to finally get my charger after weeks of sunrun blaming Ford and Ford blaming Sunrun
I have sent feedback via the record option too. A year later and none of the updates have added this. Not sure if it will ever come.