Question for those that ordered

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
Hi folks, those of you that were able to order in the first wave, did you have to select how you are going to pay? Say cash or finance, and if finance did you have to apply for the finance right now?

Or was it as simple as placing your order, agreeing to price, pay a deposit and the rest is done later?

Thanks

JazzyJeff

Jan 11, 2022
Chicago, IL
Hi folks, those of you that were able to order in the first wave, did you have to select how you are going to pay? Say cash or finance, and if finance did you have to apply for the finance right now?

Or was it as simple as placing your order, agreeing to price, pay a deposit and the rest is done later?

Thanks
No, just a $500 deposit and that's all. I ordered pro.

DrumReaper

Oct 25, 2021
Southeast USA
I guess I didn’t get selected, which is better for me, likely as I’m having serious second thoughts about paying over $75k for a vehicle with cloth seats.

The brainiac behind the packaging is not that brite. Looks like I’ll be going either Rivian or Tremor F150/250 as this is way too much money for short range and cloth seats.

Great job Ford… and after 2 F150 Plats, a 17 Raptor, 2 GT350Rs, 2 Boss 302s and multiple other Mustangs, Fusions and Foci, I didn’t make the first cut. Lol. That’s awesome.

PeterF

Jan 13, 2022
Madison, WI

Thanks
Basically it was the same as when we ordered til Mach-E.
Configure, pay $500 deposit and then just to wait.
Was told that I was the only one that made it in the first round at my dealer.
Was planning for the XLT-ER, but ended up with the Lariat-ER instead. The difference in price compare to the "upgrade" was totally worth it.

OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
Basically it was the same as when we ordered til Mach-E.
Configure, pay $500 deposit and then just to wait.
Was told that I was the only one that made it in the first round at my dealer.
Was planning for the XLT-ER, but ended up with the Lariat-ER instead. The difference in price compare to the "upgrade" was totally worth it.
Congratulations sir, I was also hoping to get XLT-ER which I was expecting to cost me about $65k, but at about $77 configuration it seems too pricey.

PeterF

Jan 13, 2022
Madison, WI
Congratulations sir, I was also hoping to get XLT-ER which I was expecting to cost me about $65k, but at about $77 configuration it seems too pricey.
I was surprised at the price hike from SR to ER, but saw that it wasn't just the larger battery, but also som other specs. Still, it's it ending up to be quite pricey build.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I was surprised at the price hike from SR to ER, but saw that it wasn't just the larger battery, but also some other specs. Still, it's it ending up to be quite pricey build.
Are you steal going to buy a Lightning and if so what will you get

Mini2nut

Feb 3, 2022
CA
It shows the summary of your build at the end of the ordering process with the MSRP, options and the destination fee. Basically everything minus your local sales tax and vehicle registration.

The demand is off the charts for the Lightning. It’s a wash and repeat process similar to the new Bronco (sold out for 2022).

Last edited: