Don’t be afraid to change change your reservation to a different dealership

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
My original dealership wasn’t communicating enough with me regarding this whole process. I have read others on this site write that all the hear from their dealerships is “crickets”. This is has been a long frustrating process for probably everyone involved, including the dealerships, but it isn’t hard to respond to an email. I recommend that anyone who feels the same, just change your reservation. It took two minutes. Ford has done this part of the process well.

Intrepidagent

Nov 9, 2021
Maryland
My original dealership wasn’t communicating enough with me regarding this whole process. I have read others on this site write that all the hear from their dealerships is “crickets”. This is has been a long frustrating process for probably everyone involved, including the dealerships, but it isn’t hard to respond to an email. I recommend that anyone who feels the same, just change your reservation. It took two minutes. Ford has done this part of the process well.
I did the same thing today. Only five minutes on the line with Ford and it was updated.

Dannytas

Sep 9, 2021
CA
I recently test drove an XLT at my chosen dealer. I was amazed! The downside, he said that they are going to have an ADM on orders, too.
I was bummed but, in a discussion, group a guy told me that he bought his through Folsom Lake Ford with NO ADM. They are close to me. as well.
Long story short, I'm going to switch my dealers. I need anyone's help as the when I should switch. Now? When I'm invited to order? or after I make the order?
I don't want to lose my place in line. I don't want to be at the end of the new dealers list.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I recently test drove an XLT at my chosen dealer. I was amazed! The downside, he said that they are going to have an ADM on orders, too.
I was bummed but, in a discussion, group a guy told me that he bought his through Folsom Lake Ford with NO ADM. They are close to me. as well.
Long story short, I'm going to switch my dealers. I need anyone's help as the when I should switch. Now? When I'm invited to order? or after I make the order?
I don't want to lose my place in line. I don't want to be at the end of the new dealers list.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
I would ask both dealer where you will be in line then if you are closer a the dealer you have now I would leave it there until you get a invite thentell Ford you want to move

ostoflyer

Dec 19, 2021
Windsor On. Canada
I tried changing dealers after my first dealer asked me to pay over MRSP. I said no and when I went to another dealer and gave them my reservation Number they couldn't find my reservation. It seems like Performance Ford in Windsor decided to cancel my reservation since I wouldn't pay! Now I'm out of luck! The Model Y might have do? No Dealers to hold you randsom!

Grumpy

Jan 24, 2022
Oregon
This business of changing dealers has its limits in many areas. Ford advertises PRICES directly to customers and accepts purchase applications directly based on those PRICES.

Ford made public a "Customer Satisfaction Private Offer" program aimed directly to customers, but can't control the dealers from taking it all in additional dealer markup. We have put down a deposit and committed to a build based on the "Private Offer" only to find the dealer plans to take it all himself thru a ADM.

Ford is on the edge of causing a Rivian price disaster of their own. Is this what they planned? Who really "owns" those cars on the dealer's lot?

OP
T

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
This business of changing dealers has its limits in many areas. Ford advertises PRICES directly to customers and accepts purchase applications directly based on those PRICES.

Ford made public a "Customer Satisfaction Private Offer" program aimed directly to customers, but can't control the dealers from taking it all in additional dealer markup. We have put down a deposit and committed to a build based on the "Private Offer" only to find the dealer plans to take it all himself thru a ADM.

Ford is on the edge of causing a Rivian price disaster of their own. Is this what they planned? Who really "owns" those cars on the dealer's lot?
I just got back from the dealership and what you are saying is exactly correct. This is a self induced problem by Ford. They never should have put this “private offer“ at the discretion of the dealerships.

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
I just got back from the dealership and what you are saying is exactly correct. This is a self induced problem by Ford. They never should have put this “private offer“ at the discretion of the dealerships.
Well the only way I'm purchasing one of these trucks is if they allow me to use this "private offer", otherwise I'm out!! Too damn expensive and I cannot justify an $8,500 additional cost - just not gonna fly.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
Ford more-or-less HAS to provide a private offer, since they cannot sell you a vehicle at a price lower than everyone else, and actually THEY are not selling you the vehicle, the Dealer is. They are giving the offer thru the dealer since they can't do it themselves. 2023 pricing is the same for everyone, hold-overs and new order customers, but hold-overs have the option. Private offer is just a go-around to appease some hold-over 'out of stock' customer orders - they didn't have to do that, and you'll notice they don't advertise the amount of the offer, either, that's why it's 'private'. Whether the dealer can play around with that offer, or not, remains to be seen...

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Question: my reservation was just modified to say XLT, but I plan to order a Lariat whenever they open ordering to me. Any ideas why that changed recently?
I was a June 6th reservation, so guessing I have another 3-4 months before I can order.

OP
T

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Question: my reservation was just modified to say XLT, but I plan to order a Lariat whenever they open ordering to me. Any ideas why that changed recently?
I was a June 6th reservation, so guessing I have another 3-4 months before I can order.
I have read that this has also happened to several other individuals. I have no clue to why this has happened. I would recommend that you call the Ford number on the reservation notice you have. I have found them to be very helpful every time I have needed to call them.
Good luck

OP
T

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
I have read that this has also happened to several other individuals. I have no clue to why this has happened. I would recommend that you call the Ford number on the reservation notice you have. I have found them to be very helpful every time I have needed to call them.
Good luck
One further thought regarding your case:
If you are in the XLT ordering que, it is possible you will get an ordering invite before the Lariat que and be able to order a Lariat sooner. I am speculating but I would ask Ford this question also.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
I don't think the email binds you to 'only' ordering any specific trim, if it's available at the time you order - you are just getting the chance to order ahead of those who did not receive an order invite during the 2022 waves - you should be able to easily order a Lariat, or even Platinum, if that's what you want.