Rebate MSRP or "Purchase Price"

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
Does anyone know if the house bill for EV Point-of-Sale rebates caps trucks at $74,000 MSRP or is it purchase price? I keep seeing MSRP being tossed around so say you and your dealer negotiate a sweet Lariat configuration and get the price below $74,000 if bill is based on MSRP then you don't get the rebate.

GOFAST

Oct 19, 2021
Annapolis, MD
So many unknowns going into ordering it’s hard to make good comparisons. Having a Rivian and Lightning reservation, I’m very interested in actual range and cost. I’m likely not pulling anything big and both would work for me and my lifestyle. It’s going to come down to range and price.
- The Base Rivian comes in a configuration equal to the Lariat for 69K (includes spare and charger) with an EPA range of 314.
- The question for me will be whether I can get a lariat for similar cost/range. Will actual range numbers for smaller battery come close to Rivian? If so, can a comparable Lariat be ordered for $69K…..

Results

May 25, 2021
Oregon
It appears to me that ordering will take place before they have any concrete rebate programs. If so and I go ahead and give them $500. deposit, will I be able to cancel when it arrives if no rebates are available?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
yes if you don't want the truck then you can walk away that is what trey keep telling us.

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
The bill has not been finalized, voted on, or otherwise determined. It was all moved to the Biden 3.5 trillion dollar infrastructure bill which is being compromised down to a lower number. It’s still possible that an ev incentive will not be included. Get your popcorn ready.

Hersbird

Aug 29, 2021
MT
It wouldn't cost more than about 100 billion tops, but it doesn't specifically target a democrat supporting demographic. There are no extra votes in that 100 billion, so it's low priority. Good for people, good for the environment, but not good for political ambitions.