Reservation refund

Rene

Oct 6, 2021
Chula Vista
I just got a $100 credit for my Lightening deposit. Called the dealer and he texted me saying that Orders moved from 2021 to 2022 and I have to redo my reservation. Anyone else seeing any of this?

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021
I just got a $100 credit for my Lightening deposit. Called the dealer and he texted me saying that Orders moved from 2021 to 2022 and I have to redo my reservation. Anyone else seeing any of this?
Not good. I would assume this means you are too far down in the reservation list. When did you reserve??

OP
R

Rene

Oct 6, 2021
Chula Vista
That does not seem right!! I have to ask what was the date you put in the reservation?
Here is the REPLY from This dealer.

Hello Rene,

Ford is changing order 2021 to 2022. You will need to place your order again.

Regards,
John Kidd
Internet Sales
Chula Vista Ford

560 Auto Park Drive Chula Vista, CA 91911
619-962-7275 (Cell)

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Rene what was your reservation number? I have not see anything at all maybe they can't get the chips or some other parts or you were to low on the list. What is your reservation number and date

Last edited:

jcmiii3

Jun 11, 2021
Here is the REPLY from This dealer.

Hello Rene,

Ford is changing order 2021 to 2022. You will need to place your order again.

Regards,
John Kidd
Internet Sales
Chula Vista Ford

560 Auto Park Drive Chula Vista, CA 91911
619-962-7275 (Cell)
I can't help but wonder if your dealer is confused. You didn't place an order you put in a reservation. I know this is the case for orders of an ICE F150 -- Ford is not taking any more orders for 2021's and any order has to be changed to a 2022 -- but there is no "order" for your, or anybody's, Lightning. Based on all the information that folks are putting in the Forums about what "my dealer said", I honestly think the dealers are just as confused as the rest of us. It certainly doesn't help when established websites post "news" about the Lightning ordering opening up and quote "someone in a Forum who heard from their dealer". I have a very early reservation number and I've heard nothing from anyone. I get email messages from Ford, not my dealer, about the Lightning on a weekly basis, so until I get a message directly from Ford about ordering, I choose to believe none of the rest of this. Sorry, if I sound harsh, that's not my intention. I'm just skeptical.

jcmiii3

Jun 11, 2021
What? I've not received an Email from Ford except for the invite to the Lightning event and my initial reservation. How do I get on this mailing list?
I went to the Lightning page and signed up for updates. The fact that you have received an invitation, but no other email messages, just reinforces the fact that Ford's communication is sub-par. I haven't received an invitation to a Lightning event and while I'm disappointed, it doesn't change my mind. So, I say again, until I hear news directly from Ford Motor Company, I consider any report about the Lightning and its availability to be suspect.

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
I went to the Lightning page and signed up for updates. The fact that you have received an invitation, but no other email messages, just reinforces the fact that Ford's communication is sub-par. I haven't received an invitation to a Lightning event and while I'm disappointed, it doesn't change my mind. So, I say again, until I hear news directly from Ford Motor Company, I consider any report about the Lightning and its availability to be suspect.
Thanks, I just signed up for notifications too.

RickE

Oct 7, 2021
Miami
One would think that if you made a reservation and put down a $100 deposit you would automatically get updates. The fact that there has been zero updates from Ford on how and when the ordering will take place is very concerning. The only information directly from Ford was back in May during the event. Ordering in Fall of 2021 and deliveries in Spring of 2022. Since that time nearly 5 months have past, we are in Fall of 21 and nothing from Ford. Production has started on a limited basis and Ford has not even release the size of the batteries. I hope this is not like the Cybertruck and we are lead on having to waiting over a year!

Last edited:

5ohbrad

Jun 8, 2021
Texas
Yes, please don’t check the website on the 26th or go to the dealership if no one contacts you. I’m hoping to keep traffic down so that my order gets in quicker. I get being skeptical, but there is significant reason to believe ordering is about to be underway. So far, I don’t believe that Ford has failed to deliver. In May we got introduced to the truck, told Fall 21 to order with delivery beginning early 22. No missed deadlines yet by my count

RickE

Oct 7, 2021
Miami
Yes, please don’t check the website on the 26th or go to the dealership if no one contacts you. I’m hoping to keep traffic down so that my order gets in quicker. I get being skeptical, but there is significant reason to believe ordering is about to be underway. So far, I don’t believe that Ford has failed to deliver. In May we got introduced to the truck, told Fall 21 to order with delivery beginning early 22. No missed deadlines yet by my count
Why would anyone go to their dealer on the 26th if they have not been contacted by Ford? Ford has not failed to deliver because they have given themselves a window of 3 months for ordering to start. Businesses do this all the time when they really don’t know when their products will be available. Ford has failed to communicate to their reservation holders. I made my reservation on May 20th. The only email communication I have received from Ford regarding the Lightning was the confirmation on the 20th. I contacted my dealer yesterday and they had NO information from Ford about the 26th or when and how the ordering will start.

I have purchased many cars never without first test driving it. Why has Ford not allowed any one, other than the President of the United States, to test drive the truck? Preproduction started over 2 weeks ago, why has Ford not released the size of the batteries? One can stick their head in the sand and refuse to see what is going on. I hope I am wrong.

LEHuskey

Sep 9, 2021
Washington
I thought we had to wait until Ford emailed us the order form or something... First time I have ever ordered a vehicle, So I am not sure.

5ohbrad

Jun 8, 2021
Texas
Why would anyone go to their dealer on the 26th if they have not been contacted by Ford? Ford has not failed to deliver because they have given themselves a window of 3 months for ordering to start. Businesses do this all the time when they really don’t know when their products will be available. Ford has failed to communicate to their reservation holders. I made my reservation on May 20th. The only email communication I have received from Ford regarding the Lightning was the confirmation on the 20th. I contacted my dealer yesterday and they had NO information from Ford about the 26th or when and how the ordering will start.

I have purchased many cars never without first test driving it. Why has Ford not allowed any one, other than the President of the United States, to test drive the truck? Preproduction started over 2 weeks ago, why has Ford not released the size of the batteries? One can stick their head in the sand and refuse to see what is going on. I hope I am
The best I can do is offer my understanding. Ford is not who you are waiting on, your dealer is. They are who you purchase from, not Ford. The factory is up and running, but my understanding is that they are still producing pre-production vehicles which will not be offered for sale. I’m sure they are close to production versions, but not entirely locked in. The demos that Ford is offering is to give a good idea of what’s coming, but you can’t drive it likely for liability reasons and because they can’t afford someone being overly aggressive and taking out a pre-production demo. My dealer has been great about communicating with me. If your experience has been different, maybe try another dealer with better allocation/customer service.

RickE

Oct 7, 2021
Miami
The best I can do is offer my understanding. Ford is not who you are waiting on, your dealer is. They are who you purchase from, not Ford. The factory is up and running, but my understanding is that they are still producing pre-production vehicles which will not be offered for sale. I’m sure they are close to production versions, but not entirely locked in. The demos that Ford is offering is to give a good idea of what’s coming, but you can’t drive it likely for liability reasons and because they can’t afford someone being overly aggressive and taking out a pre-production demo. My dealer has been great about communicating with me. If your experience has been different, maybe try another dealer with better allocation/customer service.
Okay, so my dealer is responsible setting up the ordering date and process? Also, I have been waiting on final MSRP. Will dealer also set it?

5ohbrad

Jun 8, 2021
Texas
That's the way I understand it. I was notified by my dealer that ordering begins on the 26th and that I would be able to convert my reservation to an order. The MSRP of each trim is already pretty much out there. On the 26th, you should be able to build online with options on Fords site and it will go to a holding pattern until dealer allocation and reservation numbers align to present you with your turn. I got in early and I think my dealer gets a fair number of allocations, so I was fortunate. Most of what I have gathered is from Ford's reservation FAQ here https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f1...ion/?dealerPACode=02511&postalCode=76063#faqs

Reactions: Joe

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Okay, so my dealer is responsible setting up the ordering date and process? Also, I have been waiting on final MSRP. Will dealer also set it?
No, Ford sets the order date and process. And they have set it for October 26th. That doesn't mean they can't change it if they feel they need to. But for now it's October 26th. The process is that you'll go to Ford's website and "build" the Lightning you want, given what the options are. Hit submit, and it goes into the ordering system (but is not yet "ordered"). THEN the dealer gets involved, as they set the final price and agree to accept the vehicle from Ford and deliver it to you. Once the dealer's price is agreed to by you, they push your completed order through to Ford. Then it's up to Ford to decide when your exact truck will be built and give you an estimate of when it will show up at the dealer for delivery.

As for the MSRP, Ford is under no obligation to release that information until such time as the order banks open. They could release it early if they wanted to, but they certainly don't have to. It is not a signal that things aren't "ready." Same goes for the exact options and configurations.

5ohbrad

Jun 8, 2021
Texas
No, Ford sets the order date and process. And they have set it for October 26th. That doesn't mean they can't change it if they feel they need to. But for now it's October 26th. The process is that you'll go to Ford's website and "build" the Lightning you want, given what the options are. Hit submit, and it goes into the ordering system (but is not yet "ordered"). THEN the dealer gets involved, as they set the final price and agree to accept the vehicle from Ford and deliver it to you. Once the dealer's price is agreed to by you, they push your completed order through to Ford. Then it's up to Ford to decide when your exact truck will be built and give you an estimate of when it will show up at the dealer for delivery.

As for the MSRP, Ford is under no obligation to release that information until such time as the order banks open. They could release it early if they wanted to, but they certainly don't have to. It is not a signal that things aren't "ready." Same goes for the exact options and configurations.
Much better illustration of all the moving parts and pieces of this process. The mystery now is how your order optioning will effect delivery.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Much better illustration of all the moving parts and pieces of this process. The mystery now is how your order optioning will effect delivery.
As I understand it, there *may* be a function on the build and price tool, when it becomes available, that will notify you if an option you've selected might delay your order's production. I've only heard others mention this, though. I have no direct experience. It would be nice if an option that you're on the fence about helps you decide whether or not you "have to have it" by telling you how it affects delivery time.