Reservation refund

RickE

Oct 7, 2021
Miami
No, Ford sets the order date and process. And they have set it for October 26th. That doesn't mean they can't change it if they feel they need to. But for now it's October 26th. The process is that you'll go to Ford's website and "build" the Lightning you want, given what the options are. Hit submit, and it goes into the ordering system (but is not yet "ordered"). THEN the dealer gets involved, as they set the final price and agree to accept the vehicle from Ford and deliver it to you. Once the dealer's price is agreed to by you, they push your completed order through to Ford. Then it's up to Ford to decide when your exact truck will be built and give you an estimate of when it will show up at the dealer for delivery.

As for the MSRP, Ford is under no obligation to release that information until such time as the order banks open. They could release it early if they wanted to, but they certainly don't have to. It is not a signal that things aren't "ready." Same goes for the exact options and configurations.
Okay, thanks for the information. It makes sense. However, is that an official date from Ford or is it just a “rumor“ at this time? Has anyone received an email from their dealer with that date? Thx

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Okay, thanks for the information. It makes sense. However, is that an official date from Ford or is it just a “rumor“ at this time? Has anyone received an email from their dealer with that date? Thx
It has not been announced by official press release, but it’s real. It comes from Ford internal software, both production side and dealer ordering side. It has been confirmed by many dealers and even a couple of Ford Dearborn people.
That doesn’t mean they can’t backtrack and change the date. But for now it’s the date.

RickE

Oct 7, 2021
Miami
It has not been announced by official press release, but it’s real. It comes from Ford internal software, both production side and dealer ordering side. It has been confirmed by many dealers and even a couple of Ford Dearborn people.
That doesn’t mean they can’t backtrack and change the date. But for now it’s the date.
I hope so but still skeptical. I will believe it when I see an actual email or official press release from Ford. I am not very trusting in Dealers.

On another note. This weekend is the start of the Miami International Car Show. Does anyone know if Ford will have the Lightning at that show? I could not find any information on their website. Thanks!

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I do not know but you could call Ford marketing for the Lightning. The number they gave me is 1-800 334-4375 or Ford support is 1-800 548 3212 and Ford Motor Co. is1-800 392 3673 maybe they will tell you something.

Hersbird

Aug 29, 2021
MT
Here is the REPLY from This dealer.

Hello Rene,

Ford is changing order 2021 to 2022. You will need to place your order again.

Regards,
John Kidd
Internet Sales
Chula Vista Ford

560 Auto Park Drive Chula Vista, CA 91911
619-962-7275 (Cell)
Did you put your $100 deposit on the Ford webpage directly to Ford, or did you give $100 to your dealer? If you gave it to the dealer they are just jerking you around, they should have never taken it in the first place. Do or did you have a reservation number from Ford? I'm sure I'm not getting a truck until 2025 but that doesn't give up my place in line as long as they hold the $100 deposit.