Support for 12v accessories?

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
Has there been any talk about up fitting or powering 12v accessories and controls? Emergency strobes or added light bars are things people often install, and I'm curious about access to the fuse panel or the ability to add switches or the ability to switch accessories on and off from the main display.

pseudonym

Sep 16, 2021
MA
I'm curious about this too. In another thread, username frunk mentioned that there is a 12v battery mounted underneath the actual frunk. Presumably there's a way to access that battery and maybe add a fuse block for accessories? I'd think like to have 12v in the pick up bed.

Shadyant

Dec 2, 2021
Florida
I'm curious about this too. In another thread, username frunk mentioned that there is a 12v battery mounted underneath the actual frunk. Presumably there's a way to access that battery and maybe add a fuse block for accessories? I'd think like to have 12v in the pick up bed.
Agreed. EVs have a traditional 12v battery so they can run and power traditionally 12v accessories without makers re designing everything

Things like interior lights, turn signals, tail lights etc… all these are still 12v bulbs and systems.
Otherwise makers would have way too much cost reconfiguring and sourcing parts for higher voltages.
Plus, we would NOT want high DC voltage wiring all through a vehicle so a normal 12v battery still exists for these reasons.