The 12 volt charging

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
It seems EV cars and trucks use AGM battery's and you can not us your old battery charger if you do it will ruin the battery. You have to use an AGM charger that won't put out more than 5 amps. The 12 volt battery is recharged buy the big drive battery through the inverter converter. If the 12 volt battery go's dead then you have no power to pull in the contacter to start the truck.
That regards Lithium automotive batteries, AGM's can be charged with conventional and newer DUAL MODE tenders, I do it all the time with my motorcycle batteries, but the new LI 12v batteries do require the newer charger.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
That regards Lithium automotive batteries, AGM's can be charged with conventional and newer DUAL MODE tenders, I do it all the time with my motorcycle batteries, but the new LI 12v batteries do require the newer charger.

I had some bad information thank you for pointing that out. You can read anything on the net. I will remove that post

Now I found this like most i have read I think i was right. Read this

You can use your battery charger if it is a new regulated type