The charge station Pro can work with smaller Breaker

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I want to have my 48 amp charger in my truck when visiting family. So I am installing the Ford Pro charger in my house its cheaper then buying another 48 amp charger senese I can do the work. I see in the instruction that you don't have to use a 80 amp breaker. if I am reading this right you can but in a 50 amp breaker and tell ths charger to only charge at 48 amps. Just a FYI

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
I want to have my 48 amp charger in my truck when visiting family. So I am installing the Ford Pro charger in my house its cheaper then buying another 48 amp charger senese I can do the work. I see in the instruction that you don't have to use a 80 amp breaker. if I am reading this right you can but in a 50 amp breaker and tell ths charger to only charge at 48 amps. Just a FYI
Yep, you are correct. There are 7 settings to choose from. You just have to be more patient the lower you go. But much cheaper for many that can support 30 or 40 amp with current breaker box vs upgrading the whole thing to support 100 amp breaker. Always remember the breaker should be about 25% over the charger setting. So 100amp breaker for 80 amp setting, or 50amp breaker for 40amp setting.

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Yes - I’m fortunate to be able to do the 80 AMP full but it’s great that Ford provides the flexibility in the dispenser.

Rdiamfree

Mar 10, 2023
Curlew Washington
I am hoping that my 48 amp Tesla Charger will work with an adaptor on the Ford. I already have two chargers installed in the garage. I hope not to have to install a third.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
I am hoping that my 48 amp Tesla Charger will work with an adaptor on the Ford. I already have two chargers installed in the garage. I hope not to have to install a third.
My Tesla charger is only 40 amp due to breaker limitations, but it and the adapter works perfectly.
I do still plan to add the 80 amp Ford charger but the Tesla one will fill in for a few months until I add a garage and new charger.

bencarl

Oct 17, 2023
Canada
Hey, Sync, how fast does your Lightning charge at 40 amp? I have a 40 amp Tesla charger as well. Trading my Tesla in for a Lightning. Due to only 100 amp service I can only have a 40 amp charger. I'll buy an adapter for now to fit on Tesla charger. Ford did offer me the expensive 80 am charger for free... wonder if it'll take 40 amp and still work.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Hey, Sync, how fast does your Lightning charge at 40 amp? I have a 40 amp Tesla charger as well. Trading my Tesla in for a Lightning. Due to only 100 amp service I can only have a 40 amp charger. I'll buy an adapter for now to fit on Tesla charger. Ford did offer me the expensive 80 am charger for free... wonder if it'll take 40 amp and still work.
I have forgotten as I switched to the 80amp Ford charger as my primary several months ago. My rough guess from 30% to 80% is about 12 hours.
yes, you can dial down the Ford charger to 40amp, so I would take it if I was you. A 100amp service is low, but theoretically you could have both installed as long as you didn’t try and use both chargers at the same time.

Old Aviator

Nov 18, 2021
WPB
Keep in mind you have to take the cover off of the FCSP and dial the amp rate down by manually adjusting the limiter on the circuit board. Just reducing the amps with the App is not something that you should rely on and might be dangerous.