Trouble programming Home Link button

azsauna

Nov 13, 2022
Buckeye, AZ
Got my new 2022 Lightning and in trying to program my Home Link garage door button, and following the Ford YouTube video instructions. There are 2 methods to try; first is using the already programmed handheld door opener, second is using the “Learn” button on my garage motor. Each indicate the flashing light on the Home Link button is green. Mine is amber and nothing ever turn green! Anyone else have an issue? Suggestions?

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
Got my new 2022 Lightning and in trying to program my Home Link garage door button, and following the Ford YouTube video instructions. There are 2 methods to try; first is using the already programmed handheld door opener, second is using the “Learn” button on my garage motor. Each indicate the flashing light on the Home Link button is green. Mine is amber and nothing ever turn green! Anyone else have an issue? Suggestions?
Not on a Lightning, but this is finicky for all Fords, I usually use the 'learn' button approach, but it typically takes multiple tries before it takes. Very painful, try a few more times, hopefully it will take.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Thanks for response! I will try again, but I’ve tried both methods at least 5 times.
I don't remember for sure but I always have to drive down a block or two and clear or reset the Ford Home Link then go back to the garage and use the learn button on the garage opener. It's been so lone since i did it.

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
I recall that I had to push a program button on my Genie Motor (the one that has the rotating codes) and then I had to goto the car and push the transmit button. Mine is a Chrysler but I believe the technology is a vendor neutral standard that works the same on all brands.

OP
A

azsauna

Nov 13, 2022
Buckeye, AZ
I recall that I had to push a program button on my Genie Motor (the one that has the rotating codes) and then I had to goto the car and push the transmit button. Mine is a Chrysler but I believe the technology is a vendor neutral standard that works the same on all brands.
Thanks, my opener is a LiftMaster, to which I have been able program 3 vehicles with! I have never experienced an Amber light from the start, all have been green. Ford dealer has no answer and advised to call Ford customer care. I will call them Monday!