Update on production dates?

Larky

Apr 4, 2023
Sacramento
I put my order in Dec, 2022. Ford sent a note with build date of 2/25/23..then they shut down production. They have not updated shop.ford.com since 2/08. I've called Ford support and the dealer both have same info..no update. The answer is always to call back in two weeks. Ford was doing a good job with updates then nothing...frustrating. Anyone heard news on this or had a truck recently built after the halt?

Old Aviator

Nov 18, 2021
WPB
I had 2/27/23 build date that has moved to 4/10/23 In the interim there were 3 other dates before it seems it might not move again. I check the app regularly.
Very surprising you haven’t seen anything but the date of 2/25/23 seems odd. That’s a Saturday and all the dates I have seen always are on Mondays.
Since the battery issues appear to have been on SRs do you have and SR on order? That could be the cause of the issue and Ford may not have settled the SR issues.

OP
L

Larky

Apr 4, 2023
Sacramento
I had 2/27/23 build date that has moved to 4/10/23 In the interim there were 3 other dates before it seems it might not move again. I check the app regularly.
Very surprising you haven’t seen anything but the date of 2/25/23 seems odd. That’s a Saturday and all the dates I have seen always are on Mondays.
Since the battery issues appear to have been on SRs do you have and SR on order? That could be the cause of the issue and Ford may not have settled the SR issues.
The original date I had was 2/23 then it changed to the week of the 25th but hasn't been updated since. I ordered the ER battery so its not that. When you say you check the app is that the FordPass app? I have the vehicle in there but it doesn't show any info other than it's a 2023 F150.

Old Aviator

Nov 18, 2021
WPB
I have not played the Ford Pass App much but when they sent the build date the emailed me the vin so I was able to register the vehicle in the account. I actually check build status on the Ford web site. Sorry for the confusion.
Just looked at the App and it tells me nothing beyond I have vehicle registered.

OP
L

Larky

Apr 4, 2023
Sacramento
I have not played the Ford Pass App much but when they sent the build date the emailed me the vin so I was able to register the vehicle in the account. I actually check build status on the Ford web site. Sorry for the confusion.
Just looked at the App and it tells me nothing beyond I have vehicle registered.
So did they build your truck this week? They updated my record just saying it was updated on 4/8 and then again 4/14 but no production date/week has been added.

aborha0

Feb 1, 2022
Virginia
Hello,
Read this post from another forum. If you have you VIN your can find your order number and almost watch it being built.

OP
L

Larky

Apr 4, 2023
Sacramento
AS BEST I CAN TELL THE TRUCK IS IN PRODUCTION. APPEARED TO HAPPEN ON 13TH BUT WHO KNOWS FOE SURE?
I called Ford and they looked up my status. They said the truck was built on April 14th and is waiting testing. Should be at the dealer between May 11-17th. The shop.ford.com site currently says it's in production as of the April 17th..so not really up to date.

OP
L

Larky

Apr 4, 2023
Sacramento
Getting ridiculous..My truck was supposed to be at the dealer this week (May 11-17th). I called Ford and got Marketing. They said they didn’t know why but it was now on ramp 7y instead of ramp 59. Hopeful they were getting ready to ship, I checked the status site (different from shop.ford.com), it was updated the day after I called to be at the dealer between June 15th-22nd…pushed 30 days out! So that would be 2 months after I received notice it was built.
Beyond me why Ford can’t figure out shipping logistics

Old Aviator

Nov 18, 2021
WPB
AS BEST I CAN TELL THE TRUCK IS IN PRODUCTION. APPEARED TO HAPPEN ON 13TH BUT WHO KNOWS FOE SURE?
Good news the truck finally shipped. Bad news for Ford is I cancelled and bought a demo Platinum with 800 miles for $5k off 22 MSRP with "NO DELETES". It is being delivered to me week after Memorial Day. Could have been sooner but I will not be home to take delivery until then. Very happy with how it turned out and the new truck Dealer refunded all my deposits without me even asking for refund.

OP
L

Larky

Apr 4, 2023
Sacramento
Good news the truck finally shipped. Bad news for Ford is I cancelled and bought a demo Platinum with 800 miles for $5k off 22 MSRP with "NO DELETES". It is being delivered to me week after Memorial Day. Could have been sooner but I will not be home to take delivery until then. Very happy with how it turned out and the new truck Dealer refunded all my deposits without me even asking for refund.
Ha good for you! The dealers want you to cancel. They can then mark up the truck by 5k over MSRP. My dealer promised no marked up for anyone who orders from Ford. Since I was waiting they called me and said they had a 22 XLT if I wanted it instead. They were going to charge me 5k over 22 prices..nope.

Old Aviator

Nov 18, 2021
WPB
Only diff was color. I ordered the tri-star white but the demo is Iced Blue Metallic which is not available for 23. Had it been avaialbe for 23 it was a toss-up because those were my top 2 colors. Truly a win-win for me and as you said I'm sure dealer can turn the 23 Platinum PDF.