What am I missing here? - Co-Pilot Active 2.0 Packages

Invictus

Jun 16, 2022
California
I don't know if I'm just being an idiot or still have jetlag from my honeymoon but I want to make sure I do my build order correctly, any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. LOL

So I want the items from the Tow Tech Package, Max Trailer Package and also want the Co-Pilot360 Active with BlueCruise on my SR Lariat build.

I add the tow & max trailer package...
1655412931654.png

Then comes the decision on what option to pick for the Co-Pilot 360 active...it looks like the one I should choose is the "Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 with Tow Technology Package"

1655413023689.png

What doesn't make sense is that if you choose just the "Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0" it will remove the "Tow Technology Package" and cost $825 MORE. How does that make any sense? Why is this even an option?

1655413142208.png

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
I recently found, as I was easily confused with all the 'copilot 360 2.0' versions, that:
- Copilot360 2.0 is the 'base' technology - but without adaptive cruise and lane centering
- Copilot360 2.0 ASSIST is the additional Adaptive Cruise and Lane Centering, which is somewhat automated driving, although you must 'touch/move' the wheel periodically
- Copilot360 2.0 ACTIVE is the same as ASSIST, but with the additional HARDWARE(sensors for the eyes) that then allows for usage of BLUE CRUISE, which is totally HandsFree driving, on certain mapped highways.

I believe the order system doesn't make these difference very clear, and the order system 'options' adds to the confusion even more. If you want ACTIVE and your want TOWING TECH, then I would 'assume' you would want to choose the 'combined' option. Whether Ford has the 'pricing' correct is subject to discussion.
Sometimes their option choices, and the 'pop up' notices, are not well understood. Even choosing 'Yes' or 'No' seems dicey.