2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Order Bank Opening Delayed

f150-lightning-delay.png
ford-lightning-delay2.jpg

The Ford F-150 Lightning order books were expected to open on October 26, however that appears to have been pushed back by more than a month. According to several Facebook & Forum posts from multiple customers / reservation holders posted screenshots of emails from their local dealers with info about the delay. The first possibility to order the Ford F-150 Lightning is now expected in December, while the market launch is scheduled for Spring 2022.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fordlightning &. Source: insideevs.com

Last edited:

The Ford F-150 Lightning order books were expected to open on October 26, however that appears to have been pushed back by more than a month. According to several Facebook & Forum posts from multiple customers / reservation holders posted screenshots of emails from their local dealers with info about the delay. The first possibility to order the Ford F-150 Lightning is now expected in December, while the market launch is scheduled for Spring 2022.

Could it be that Ford is trying to satisfy as many orders as it can and doesn't want to start accepting any until it has a better idea of the numbers?

I'm OK with a delay if they are waiting for Congress to act. I'm especially interested in the cap on the EV price. It will make the difference in whether I get a Lariat or XLT.
Can anyone please clarify, is the EV cap on the MSRP price only and does not include taxes and destination charges? So if the Lariat is 67K but with added taxes and destination it flows over 74K, that will still be OK?

Dealer set Appt for today (25th) but was turned away as ordering was not available.

Reserved on May 19th, so fingers were crossed that I was also able to day-one convert reservation to order.

Dealer says maybe at noon. Holding breath now!

Was on my way and I decided to call my dealer and they have confirmed it has been delayed what a waste
Don’t understand why everyone is now saying that it was delayed. It was never scheduled to being with. There was NO OFFICIAL communication from Ford regarding the 10/26 date. You cannot delay or postpone something that was never truly scheduled in the first place.

I agree Ford has done a piss poor job of communicating with it‘s customers. The dealers have not done any better. Supposedly some of you were contacted by your dealers or you contacted your dealers directly and were told the date was the 26th. We would all like to hear how that was possible? When many of us contacted our dealers and were told that they had heard absolutely nothing on an order date from their Ford Reps. Ford‘s lack of communication is very frustrating. I would like to see some of the emails people say they got from their dealers. I talked with my dealer again today after reading some of the reports on here. My dealer said not one Ford dealer was ever told an order date. And they still have not been told. So now we are hearing December from many of you. Maybe Santa Claus will have Ford magically open it on Christmas Day.

Don’t understand why everyone is now saying that it was delayed. It was never scheduled to being with. There was NO OFFICIAL communication from Ford regarding the 10/26 date. You cannot delay or postpone something that was never truly scheduled in the first place.
Well then, why would my dealer call and schedule a fucken order appointment. Huh tell me why.

Well then, why would my dealer call and schedule a fucken order appointment. Huh tell me why.
Because they are a car dealership and that’s what they do. Lie, mislead and try to trick you. I am sure all they wanted to do was get you to the dealership and do their classic “bait and switch”. Think for 1 minute, do you think that Ford Motor Company would open the order date without sending out a press releas or posting on social media?

I have to disagree with you. I had contact from my dealer who told me he got authorization from Ford on the 26th. I guess Ford jumped the gun or maybe they wanted to wait until we find out about this BUILD BACK BETTER plan.

What does not having received an order appointment mean for those of us who have reservations? Would someone who DID get an order invitation please post the date and time of your reservation?

Back