Does anyone know how to defer to MY24?

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
Hi, well with the XLT now sold out, was wondering if anyone knows how to defer your order to MY24. I don't have the $$ to buy a Lariat, especially with the price increases.

I don't see any way on line to defer and my dealer said he doesn't have any way to defer.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
no, there is no longer a way to defer if you have received an invite to order: you must order something, or your reservation will be cancelled and refunded. Unfortunately, that's the current procedure. Last year's 'deferral' is no longer an option.

OP
T

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
no, there is no longer a way to defer if you have received an invite to order: you must order something, or your reservation will be cancelled and refunded. Unfortunately, that's the current procedure. Last year's 'deferral' is no longer an option.
Well, crap, one more crappy thing Ford has done to us early reservation holders!

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
I wanted to buy a Pro for $40k. I guess now they won’t even sell me a Pro for $47k because I have not even received an invite yet. So with a day 3 reservation I can’t buy a Lightning even 2 years after making the reservation and they will cancel my reservation because I don’t want to pay more than double what they quoted.

OP
T

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
Well, I decided to go ahead and order, I ended up ordering a 2023 Lariat, Standard Range, Avalanche, with CoPilot 360 Active 2.0. I had a hard time making the decision, but it came down to, worst case, I could probably sell it for more than I bought it and it is a very very nice truck!