After seeing pricing today, are you still a YES?

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
After seeing price scale today, I am leaning towards NO on my pre-order conversion. I am curious about what do others think after seeing prices today? Yes, No? And if yes, what model/trim?

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
After seeing price scale today, I am leaning towards NO on my pre-order conversion. I am curious about what do others think after seeing prices today? Yes, No? And if yes, what model/trim?
Well that is a good question! I'm not too happy that the only way to get the long-range battery is to upgrade to 511A for $10,000 more! I really would love to get this vehicle, but they are making it very painful on the wallet. If I make a go decision, it will be the Lariat with 511A; plus the Max Tow Package; plus bed liner and Floor Liner mats; puts the total price at $80,789 - OUCH! Final decision is yet to be made. I might have to stick with my 2018 F150 with EcoBoost for a lot longer!!

Bob2022lightn

Jan 4, 2022
Az
At this point the Pro is the only model I would consider. I’m glad I made a Rivian reservation several months ago.
Isn’t the Rivian a lot more money than the Pro. I think i am going with the pro and bed liner comes out to be about 42k . My dealer is willing to put in writing a MSRP price with no upgrades. Sounds ok to me. I’m just lost about tax credit. We are retired now and just live on S.S . Under 50k so I don’t think we get any help from Uncle Sam. Funny thing the more you make the more help you get 🤷‍♂️

Ljames

Sep 14, 2021
Killeen, Texas
I'm leaning to a no. I was planning on an XLT, but to get an extended range battery, I'm up to$72K. That is going to be a "money" bridge too far. If I could get a Pro with the extended range battery and ability to power my home...maybe. Also, with my reservation number, I'm pretty sure Ford will be beyond the 200,000 units to be eligible for the $7,500 tax incentive.

GOFAST

Oct 19, 2021
Annapolis, MD
Isn’t the Rivian a lot more money than the Pro. I think i am going with the pro and bed liner comes out to be about 42k . My dealer is willing to put in writing a MSRP price with no upgrades. Sounds ok to me. I’m just lost about tax credit. We are retired now and just live on S.S . Under 50k so I don’t think we get any help from Uncle Sam. Funny thing the more you make the more help you get 🤷‍♂️
Yes Rivian is more expensive, but Ford doesn’t plan on building many Pro models. Should a Pro become available soon, I’d consider it otherwise I’ll stick with the Rivian reservation I made several months ago.

9BD13BD1-3E89-4AC7-8841-0CA04DB308D4.jpeg

Bob2022lightn

Jan 4, 2022
Az
Yes Rivian is more expensive, but Ford doesn’t plan on building many Pro models. Should a Pro become available soon, I’d consider it otherwise I’ll stick with the Rivian reservation I made several months ago.

View attachment 246
I obviously have not done enough reading before I start asking questions. But now I am totally lost can you help me understand or where I can read up on Ford not building the pro. Why would they put it on the building price Man I get so confused with Ford and some of there games.😭

Azbittel

Jan 4, 2022
Syracuse, NY
I obviously have not done enough reading before I start asking questions. But now I am totally lost can you help me understand or where I can read up on Ford not building the pro. Why would they put it on the building price Man I get so confused with Ford and some of there games.😭
They are building the, just not prioritizing them. They want to make the most money early on and building platinums and lariats is the best way to do it.

Don weller

Yes. XLT one of the options includes the light bar on the tailgate that I have talked about on here alot, which wasn't available at the out set. I priced out the XLT around $64,000 with the options I want.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Well that is a good question! I'm not too happy that the only way to get the long-range battery is to upgrade to 511A for $10,000 more! I really would love to get this vehicle, but they are making it very painful on the wallet. If I make a go decision, it will be the Lariat with 511A; plus the Max Tow Package; plus bed liner and Floor Liner mats; puts the total price at $80,789 - OUCH! Final decision is yet to be made. I might have to stick with my 2018 F150 with EcoBoost for a lot longer!!
I'm right there with you! I can't replace my current F-150 with the Lightning and at $80k it's tough to buy it as an additional truck. I have to convince my wife that she needs the Lightning so that I can justify that price tag. Otherwise, I might have to go as cheap as possible and use it as a work truck around town.

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Most likely a moot point for me as I was late to make my Reservation (June). But a few thoughts for what it's worth nonetheless. The pricing on Build and Price was not a surprise to me. It matched for the most part pricing and packaging info that was available on this forum over a month ago. I was looking at a Lariat in Iced Blue with 511A and spray in bed liner and bed mat and floor liner with matching carpet mats. The "odd man out" here to me might be the XLT. Comparably equipped with extended range battery it is only a 5K savings over the Lariat. I could see much broader appeal in the XLT if it were a 10K savings over the Lariat. Also a bit of a disappointment that power deployed running boards will not be an option (at least in 2022) on any trim level. They should be standard on any 80K and up truck in my opinion. I certainly would not buy this truck from a store who charges ADM. But at MSRP plus TTL and a (possible) $7500 tax credit I would. Should be hearing some interesting stories after invites go out on the 6th!!!

123xyz

Jan 4, 2022
SF Bay Area
Before today, I was a pretty certain yes. Now, it very much depends and I think the answer is likely no, although there is a remote chance that could turn to a yes.

For me, an absolutely key feature without which I would not consider the Lightning is the vehicle-to-home backup power from the Charge Station Pro, which comes with the larger battery versions and is not currently listed for sale in any other way. I don't lose power often, but I really like the idea of having that capability. Without it, I'll just buy some other EV that also doesn't have the capability.

Paying $13,000 for the XLT trim I don't want to have the privilege of paying $10,000 for the battery I think is nice and the Charge Station Pro I insist on was my limit. Throw in a $9,500 Equipment Group I also don't want, raising to toll to $22,500 for crap I don't want in order to be allowed to pay $10,000 for something I do want and you have a hard pass from me.

Unless I can convince Ford that I'm a commercial customer and to sell me an extended-range Pro, or to sell me a Charge Station Pro with a standard-range Pro or XLT Lightning, I'll buy a different EV, rent a truck when needed, and get by with my current half-assed back-up power solution. I currently use a large inverter connected to the 12V battery of a different EV which constantly recharges the 12V battery from its main battery. That's enough to power the refrigerator and some lights, and even use a hair dryer for a while. At a pinch, I could power the fans, etc. for the gas furnace, but I haven't hooked it up. essential appliances.

A pickup isn't going to be my commuting car, so I don't care much about all the bells and whistles and actively prefer not to have some of them. Since Ford won't sell the Pro version to individual consumers, I'd have to get the XLT trim to get the larger battery to get the charge station pro. I care about almost nothing the XLT has that the Pro doesn't, so this is almost a pure addition to the price of the larger battery for me with no other benefit. I might pay $1000 for the seat change, $200 for the rear under-seat storage bin, and $500 for the rear defroster that I'm amazed isn't included on the Pro trim, but I could happily live without them and I'd also pay money not to have tinted windows and extended running boards.

That's $13,000.

Then, to be allowed to buy the larger battery, I still need to add the 312A equipment package. This includes the 9.6kW Pro Power Onboard that I'd happily pay the $1000 or so Ford charges for as a separate option. It also includes a heated steering wheel and front seats, that I might pay $750 or so for and a tailgate step that I'd gladly pay $500 for (Ford charges something like $415 for it as a separate option). But it also includes 20" wheels that I'd actively like to avoid on a working truck.

That's $9,500.

And then the bigger battery is another $10,000 and comes with the Charge Station Pro. I don't need the bigger battery, but I like it enough that I might pay $10,000 for it even if could get the Charge Station Pro without it.

The base truck is underpriced at $40,000. If they just charged $50,000 for it and let me buy the charge station and the larger battery without all the overpriced doo-dads, I'd buy it. By advertising a price that they'll try not to sell any trucks at, they've immitated Musk, but they're also going to piss off a lot of customers who would have preferred real prices.

pinaz

Jan 4, 2022
Texas
For me, an absolutely key feature without which I would not consider the Lightning is the vehicle-to-home backup power from the Charge Station Pro, which comes with the larger battery versions and is not currently listed for sale in any other way.

Unless I can convince Ford that I'm a commercial customer and to sell me an extended-range Pro, or to sell me a Charge Station Pro with a standard-range Pro or XLT Lightning, I'll buy a different EV

Have you not seen the "22MY F-150 Lightning Order Bank Opening Playbook" that has been making the rounds since yesterday (Jan 3)?

To quote page 16: "Standard-range battery customers will be able to purchase Ford Charge Station Pro ~March 2022 and can contract with Sunrun for installation too."

Having said that, it is important to point out that the "Ford Charge Station Pro" is only part of the puzzle. Look at page 17, and you'll see that the IBP (F-150 Lightning Intelligent Back-up Power) also needs the HIS (Home Integration System) in *ADDITION* to the Ford Charge Station Pro. Both come exclusively from Sunrun.

The HIS "Includes Inverter, microgrid integration device, dark start battery & cellular connection".

According to page 17, details on the HIS will be appear at this URL on Jan 5: https://www.sunrun.com/ev-charging/ford-f150-lightning

So, there might be an advantage for some buyers to finance the "Ford Charge Station Pro" as part of their vehicle purchase, but NO ONE (no matter what trim level they buy) will have a complete vehicle-to-home backup solution... not without buying extras.

Shadyant

Dec 2, 2021
Florida
Have you not seen the "22MY F-150 Lightning Order Bank Opening Playbook" that has been making the rounds since yesterday (Jan 3)?

To quote page 16: "Standard-range battery customers will be able to purchase Ford Charge Station Pro ~March 2022 and can contract with Sunrun for installation too."

Having said that, it is important to point out that the "Ford Charge Station Pro" is only part of the puzzle. Look at page 17, and you'll see that the IBP (F-150 Lightning Intelligent Back-up Power) also needs the HIS (Home Integration System) in *ADDITION* to the Ford Charge Station Pro. Both come exclusively from Sunrun.

The HIS "Includes Inverter, microgrid integration device, dark start battery & cellular connection".

According to page 17, details on the HIS will be appear at this URL on Jan 5: https://www.sunrun.com/ev-charging/ford-f150-lightning

So, there might be an advantage for some buyers to finance the "Ford Charge Station Pro" as part of their vehicle purchase, but NO ONE (no matter what trim level they buy) will have a complete vehicle-to-home backup solution... not without buying extras.
This Sunrun link didn’t work for me and I cannot see to finagle the URL to any EV charging pages?? Did they take it offline since you first looked?

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State
At this point the Pro is the only model I would consider. I’m glad I made a Rivian reservation several months ago.
It’s tempting but the Pro model seats with no height adjustment is a deal-breaker. My 2022 XL F150 is perfect in every way except the seats. I sit way too high and the Pro model would be no different.

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State
Yes. I wanted a base XLT with an ER battery but that gets it to Lariat-like pricing. So either a base XLT or an ER Lariat. $25k difference. Hmmm….

OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
I wanted an XLT+EB which I was thinking it would be maybe $65k. EB is "$10k" but on XLT Ford really wants you to pay $20k to get it. With everything I want I get to $77k, might as-well go Lariat+EB for $81k but with tax that's close to $90k. Not sure I want to spend that much on something that in 3 years will be worth half.

So I'm probably not converting, but only one that I am "maybe" is now the pro but it's so bare-bones. It's really a pick between reasonable priced nothing, or insanely priced everything.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
It’s tempting but the Pro model seats with no height adjustment is a deal-breaker. My 2022 XL F150 is perfect in every way except the seats. I sit way too high and the Pro model would be no different.
I was wondering about the lack of height adjustment. I was more worried about the seat being too low. I have not been able to try out the XL for reference. Are the XL seats high enough for someone who is 5’4”? Would it be too high for someone whines 5’10”?