F-150 Lightning First Mod?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I will probably add a tonneau cover, tint the windows and add electric side steps if the model I get doesn't come with them.

5ohbrad

Jun 8, 2021
Texas
I was planning on painting the mirrors, handles and bumpers on the Pro, but since the extended range isn’t available, might be getting the XLT instead. Basically, I want the Sport appearance and extended range performance.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I was planning on painting the mirrors, handles and bumpers on the Pro, but since the extended range isn’t available, might be getting the XLT instead. Basically, I want the Sport appearance and extended range performance.
The Sport appearance packages do look good!

Bruno McMinnis

Jun 21, 2021
Detroit Area
I could see replacing the grill if something better aftermarket is offered. Also might lift the front if the truck is too raked. I like the wheels but look forward to seeing what people do with alternatives. Also if possible I’d like to see visualization options for the inside screens. For example, I’m not a fan of animations or the like. So I hope for two or three inside ‘themes,’ at least one being simple and techy. Others can enjoy the flash and zing. I want my truck to have stable images that look awesome but flat and calm.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I could see replacing the grill if something better aftermarket is offered. Also might lift the front if the truck is too raked. I like the wheels but look forward to seeing what people do with alternatives. Also if possible I’d like to see visualization options for the inside screens. For example, I’m not a fan of animations or the like. So I hope for two or three inside ‘themes,’ at least one being simple and techy. Others can enjoy the flash and zing. I want my truck to have stable images that look awesome but flat and calm.
I like more chrome bumper and grill.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Typically, when I think about truck mods my mind immediately goes to lift, tires, shocks, etc. However, I think when it comes to modifying the Lightning, I might have to change my thought process and think about it in terms of improving the range. So lightweight mods such as lighter wheels and tires and possibly some aerodynamic improvements. It would be cool to gain efficiency instead of losing range. Interesting Lightning thoughts for the day 🤔

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
This is my first option.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
This is my first option.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

That would be super handy for long trips or just as a backup plan for those who have range anxiety.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I always have the front door windows tinted and the inside of the moon roof....Its always hot in Texas and it keeps out the UV that can heat up the truck and fading. ThenI a aBedrug and a tonneau top.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I never thought about tinting my pano-roof, that's a good idea! I typically just keep the sunshade closed, but sometimes that's just too dark.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I am not trying to sell Bedrug Its just I have one on the last 3 trucks i've had I like it because it protects the bed and walls plus It is soft on the knees it won't stain and you can wash the bed with a pressure washer it won't absorb water. I don't haul dirt or gravel so it works for me.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I am not trying to sell Bedrug Its just I have one on the last 3 trucks i've had I like it because it protects the bed and walls plus It is soft on the knees it won't stain and you can wash the bed with a pressure washer it won't absorb water. I don't haul dirt or gravel so it works for me.
I've been wanting to get one and try it out, but my last couple of trucks have come with a spray-in bed liner so I've felt financially committed to just using it and not covering it up.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
The spray in bedliner everything slides and it chips and I had a rubber mate It works but it won't protect the sides. The bedrug is hard to just vacuum with a shop vac but an upright with a beater brush work good.