Ford Lightning can charge it's self

1654223110673.png

Last edited:
I can not wait to try this. It makes sense the AC goes into the truck from the truck and gos to the battery chargers and they put out DC voltage to charge the battery and the battery is connected to an inverter. So if you are 1/2 full could you do this and recharge maybe to 3/4

Last edited:
I can not wait to try this. It makes sense the AC goes into the truck from the truck and gos to the battery chargers and they put out DC voltage to charge the battery and the battery is connected to an inverter. So if you are 1/2 full you could do this and recharge maybe to 3/4
Finally! They have invented a perpetual motion machine! Just kidding. Due to parasitic losses during conversion from DC to AC, then back to DC to charge the battery, your 1/2 full would end up being about 3/8 full, plus or minus about 1/16th of a “tank”.

View attachment 448
Fellas I have the best idea ever! Just leave a generator bolted down in the bed of the truck at all times and you can charge anytime of ever create a contingency plan!!

But on a hilarious note I really want to photoshop an image of a lightning with a black smoke rolling generator in the bed of it, rolling coal while driving down the road!! Lol! I think it would be hilarious to see all the liberals and tree huggers go nuts!!

people have asked these questions for months, if not years, when it comes to EV 'range' and the fear and anxiety that it brings to them. They are probably also the same folks who carry a gas can along, 'just in case', although I bet it has no 'gas' in it.

I was literally sitting here having a coffee wondering whether I could bring a griddle and chef up some pancakes on a charging stop. Pretty stoked it's actually possible!
Also my inverter generator has 2 windings so I can use the 240v twist lock to power my house and trickle charge the truck with the TT-30 at the same time so we could go for a very long time without power.

Back