Will we be able to test drive the Ford F150 Lightning prior to ordering?

wjskabelund

Jul 11, 2021
Arizona
Does anyone know if Ford dealers will have a demo vehicle with the various trim levels to test drive and see prior to ordering? I am hoping someone with a good relationship with a dealer will know.

I saw this article with a headline about Ford offering test drives of their new EV vehicle at the Chicago auto show. Alas, only the Mustang Mach-E is available for a test drive. (I would have been tempted to go to the Chicago auto show just to take a test drive of the new Lightning.) https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/16/for...s-at-the-chicago-auto-show-to-flaunt-evs.html

MacMike

Jun 18, 2021
Texas
Does anyone know if Ford dealers will have a demo vehicle with the various trim levels to test drive and see prior to ordering? I am hoping someone with a good relationship with a dealer will know.

I saw this article with a headline about Ford offering test drives of their new EV vehicle at the Chicago auto show. Alas, only the Mustang Mach-E is available for a test drive. (I would have been tempted to go to the Chicago auto show just to take a test drive of the new Lightning.) https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/16/for...s-at-the-chicago-auto-show-to-flaunt-evs.html
No test drives until it goes into production. The Lightning will be a hot seller so I'm sure customer orders will be filled before any demo units are on the lots. If your interested in the interior just go see the current F-150 as the Lightning will use same seats. As for the 15 inch screen go look at a Mach-E as it's the same screen.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
If the Lightning is anything like the new Bronco then dealers probably won't have demo Lightning trucks until production begins and orders start shipping out. With the Bronco it seems like demo models are hitting the dealer lots about the same time as the first customer orders.

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
i called ford yesterday and they said all auto shows canceled do to Covid. They don't know when or if they will start taking the trucks around again.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I will be back home in maybe 3 weeks. I have the number for The Ford people that promote The truck and take it around. I will call them again and if that don't work I will post the number so we can all bug them.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I will be back home in maybe 3 weeks. I have the number for The Ford people that promote The truck and take it around. I will call them again and if that don't work I will post the number so we can all bug them
Strength in numbers haha!

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021
I saw the same one. I am in contact with the Ford tour people to get registered for the Los Angeles Event. They told me they were opening soon for register.....
Hello Mark,
Thank you for your inquiry. Our team was able to research and find the Ford F-150 Lightning Tour isn’t available yet in Los Angeles on September 8th. When the Registration for the tour is available we will be more than happy to contact you and help you register manually. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

Ford F-150 Lightning Tour Registration

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021
Just completedView attachment 111 the Los Angeles stop on the Lightning Tour today and took a test drive in the rapid red XLT and it was FANTASTIC! You are all going to love this truck! I spoke with the Ford rep at the event and he told me that to place the order on your truck will be $500. He said they would be taking orders by the end of the year so I am betting Nov or Dec. I asked him whether or not the truck would have a standard AM/FM antenna and he said that ford is working on a fin for the top of the cabin but that the engineers have discovered that as of now the old fashion antenna on the front hood is the best option for carrying radio signal.

Attachments

• 20210908_162007.jpg
    20210908_162007.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 20210908_163921.jpg
    20210908_163921.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021

Hi Did you hear about the F150 lightning tour? They just stopped by Los Angeles today . They are allowing rides in the Lightning. Can't drive it but the ride is good enough! This thing is going to be a winner! Can't wait!

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
If you order a Ford without seeing the car, can you still cancel or change the order later?

I am thinking of buying the Pro, but I may change my mind depending on whether the tax credit is still available by the time the car arrives at the dealer.

So far I don’t see a reason to upgrade to the XLT model, but maybe I would want to upgrade when I can do a test drive.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Just completedView attachment 111 the Los Angeles stop on the Lightning Tour today and took a test drive in the rapid red XLT and it was FANTASTIC! You are all going to love this truck! I spoke with the Ford rep at the event and he told me that to place the order on your truck will be $500. He said they would be taking orders by the end of the year so I am betting Nov or Dec. I asked him whether or not the truck would have a standard AM/FM antenna and he said that ford is working on a fin for the top of the cabin but that the engineers have discovered that as of now the old fashion antenna on the front hood is the best option for carrying radio signal.
Great Thank. Did they have an ice blue silver at the show?

astricklin123

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas
If you order a Ford without seeing the car, can you still cancel or change the order later?

I am thinking of buying the Pro, but I may change my mind depending on whether the tax credit is still available by the time the car arrives at the dealer.

So far I don’t see a reason to upgrade to the XLT model, but maybe I would want to upgrade when I can do a test drive.
You are under no obligation to buy the vehicle untill you sign final contract once it arrives at the dealership. If you think you will probably not take delivery, try to find a dealer that has a refundable deposit or no deposit.

As far as the interior goes, go check out the current truck, it should be pretty close to the same as far as the seats and materials and everything.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I have a reservation at the Dallas Ford EV Tour and would like to know if any non reservation people where their. I will have my son with me and would like to know if i can get him in. Dose anyone know

astricklin123

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas
I have a reservation at the Dallas Ford EV Tour and would like to know if any non reservation people where their. I will have my son with me and would like to know if i can get him in. Dose anyone know
Here's what I have seen others say. Yes you're family is ok. I think you are probably reserved for the pro event and not the retail one so it may be a bit more awkward with the kids but I don't think they are saying anything about bringing others with you.

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021
I attended the Los Angeles Event and I sent an email to the event coordinators asking if I could take my wife, they told me it was no problem. They seem to be a bit relaxed about it but I would send an email to them just to be sure.