- Oct 5, 2021
It appears Ford has stopped taking pre-orders for the Ford Lightning
I take this as good news - as in Ford will try to fulfill all the reservations it has for people who want to place orders!?It appears Ford has stopped taking pre-orders for the Ford Lightning
Shucks, sorry dude. I'm about 8 minutes in to reservations so even with dealer having small "re-prioritizing power" I should fit well within whatever Ford can deliver in 2022I got my reservation on5/21/2021 so that puts me some where in the 48 hour window. It don't look good for me.
I can not wait to 2023. My grand son is waiting to get my old truck.
- May 20: 20,000 in 12 hours
- May 21: 44,500 in 48 hours
- May 27: 70,000 in about 8 days
- June 9: 100,000 in about three weeks
- July 28: 120,000 in over two months
- September 2: 130,000 in over three months
- September 16: 150,000 in about four months
- November 3: 160,000 in over five months
- November 18: "approaching 200,000 units" in about six months
Yes. Let's hope Ford realizes this. OTOH, if one is concerned about 1st generation bugs, a whole new design introduces yet another year's delay.I think Ford is going to have a hard time converting all of these reservations for the following reasons:
1. 200K reservations is A LOT - It will be hard to build them in 3 years - thats more than 66K Lightings/year
2. Not a lot of people are willing to wait 1 year, let alone 2, 3 or more years for delivery
3. $100 isn't much to commit and it's fully refundable.
4. Several have commented - 1st generation anything is hard to get right from the start. With Ford announcing development of another, new F-series; why not wait just a bit longer for new battery technology and a platform that has bugs worked out.
IMHO, number of converted reservations will be directly related to how fast they can produce and deliver Lightnings.
Would much appreciate anyone receiving configuration emails to post the date and time of their reservation.I got the e-mail to configure my Lighting today. I went with a base XLT model. The Pro model is unavailable to order, it must be sold out.
Do you have your reservation date and time handy?Pro customers have the option to be placed on a waiting list. I assume for 2023’s once they start production.