xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
This tidbit is on the official ford site

fl.png

Galactus55

Aug 19, 2021
N0E 1M0
Hmmmmm So up here in Canada they are still taking the $100.00 reservations. I just tried it. Not sure what that means.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I got my reservation on5/21/2021 so that puts me some where in the 48 hour window. It don't look good for me.
I can not wait to 2023. My grand son is waiting to get my old truck.

Reservation progress:

OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
I got my reservation on5/21/2021 so that puts me some where in the 48 hour window. It don't look good for me.
I can not wait to 2023. My grand son is waiting to get my old truck.

Reservation progress:

Shucks, sorry dude. I'm about 8 minutes in to reservations so even with dealer having small "re-prioritizing power" I should fit well within whatever Ford can deliver in 2022

OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
RETAIL CUSTOMER DEALER PRIORITIZATION PROCESS
  • Each dealer will have the ability to prioritize a small number of loyal customers who are reservation holders.
  • Dealers should utilize https://cni.dealerconnection.com between December 8th to 17th in order to complete the prioritization process.
    • Deadline: Friday, December 17th at 11:59:59 PM Eastern (No exceptions)
    • Number of customer prioritizations allowed is based on reservation volume at each
      specific dealership as of December 1st
    • Dealers with <50 Reservations = 5 prioritizations available, 50-100 Reservations = 10
      prioritizations available, & >100 Reservations = 25 prioritizations available
  • Prioritization does not guarantee allocation. Dealer prioritization will be an input to
    determine invitations to convert to an order, it is not correlated to vehicle scheduling timing or
    amount of allocation at each dealership.
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for step-by-step guide on
    how to prioritize select reservation holders.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021

This sounds like I my have a chance of getting a Lightning. If they go by Ford loyalty I have owned a lot of Fords Mercury's and Lincoln. and have owned stock for 25 years

Last edited:

GOFAST

Oct 19, 2021
Annapolis, MD
I think Ford is going to have a hard time converting all of these reservations for the following reasons:

1. 200K reservations is A LOT - It will be hard to build them in 3 years - thats more than 66K Lightings/year
2. Not a lot of people are willing to wait 1 year, let alone 2, 3 or more years for delivery
3. $100 isn't much to commit and it's fully refundable.
4. Several have commented - 1st generation anything is hard to get right from the start. With Ford announcing development of another, new F-series; why not wait just a bit longer for new battery technology and a platform that has bugs worked out.

IMHO, number of converted reservations will be directly related to how fast they can produce and deliver Lightnings.

steven

Nov 26, 2021
tucson
I think Ford is going to have a hard time converting all of these reservations for the following reasons:

1. 200K reservations is A LOT - It will be hard to build them in 3 years - thats more than 66K Lightings/year
2. Not a lot of people are willing to wait 1 year, let alone 2, 3 or more years for delivery
3. $100 isn't much to commit and it's fully refundable.
4. Several have commented - 1st generation anything is hard to get right from the start. With Ford announcing development of another, new F-series; why not wait just a bit longer for new battery technology and a platform that has bugs worked out.

IMHO, number of converted reservations will be directly related to how fast they can produce and deliver Lightnings.
Yes. Let's hope Ford realizes this. OTOH, if one is concerned about 1st generation bugs, a whole new design introduces yet another year's delay.

Mini2nut

Feb 3, 2022
CA
I got the e-mail to configure my Lighting today. I went with a base XLT model. The Pro model is unavailable to order, it must be sold out.

steven

Nov 26, 2021
tucson
I got the e-mail to configure my Lighting today. I went with a base XLT model. The Pro model is unavailable to order, it must be sold out.
Would much appreciate anyone receiving configuration emails to post the date and time of their reservation.

Does this just mean Ford doesn't have them in its immediate production plans but could still reintroduce them later in the year?

Mini2nut

Feb 3, 2022
CA
Pro customers have the option to be placed on a waiting list. I assume for 2023’s once they start production.