How many allocations

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
There is 3100 Ford dealerships in US lets say 2800 are EV dealers. Let's say Ford makes 40,000 Lightnings in 2022 devid that and you get 14 F 150 Lightning per dealership. I am just saying it is looking slim.

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
I am not a mathematician but your math = reservations dont mean anything. dealerships could potentially get an allocation and reservation holders who reserved late in the process could get to order before others.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I am not a mathematician but your math = reservations don't mean anything. dealerships could potentially get an allocation and reservation holders who reserved late in the process could get to order before others.
Sure that can happen. If you are at a small dealership that has only 5 or 6 reservation and if you are well established at that dealership they may move you to the front but that is not going to happen for the average Joe Blow.

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
I am not a mathematician but your math = reservations dont mean anything. dealerships could potentially get an allocation and reservation holders who reserved late in the process could get to order before others.
Yup, and that is what is happening. I have reserved 8 minutes into the presentation and am watching people reserving much later than me converting to orders in Wave 2. In fact me reserving 8 minutes in, I won't get a 22my because my dealer got a total of 2 conversions for the entire 2022 year. They have about 140 reservations, and ford will let them convert only 2 of those to orders in 2022.

What a joke, this reservation process! Been a Ford customer for 20 years, I don't think I am buying another Ford.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Yup, and that is what is happening. I have reserved 8 minutes into the presentation and am watching people reserving much later than me converting to orders in Wave 2. In fact me reserving 8 minutes in, I won't get a 22my because my dealer got a total of 2 conversions for the entire 2022 year. They have about 140 reservations, and ford will let them convert only 2 of those to orders in 2022.

What a joke, this reservation process! Been a Ford customer for 20 years, I don't think I am buying another Ford.
I posted early on that Ford sold 20,000 to employs then it went public. I don't know if It is true but why is each dealer getting 1 to 5 allocation. I thank my math is good and I am not a mathematician either. I would not take these odds to Lose Vagus .

Last edited:
OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Maybe its a way for Ford to come out with a truck before GM and Tesla