Investing in Ford

If You Invested $1,000 In Ford When Jim Farley Became The CEO, Here's How Much You'd Have Now​

Chris Katje - Yesterday 10:11 AM
ReactComments|

• Save

1654027929405.png

One of the many traditional automotive companies that is pivoting into the growing field of electric vehicles is Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F). That push into electric vehicles and new growth efforts is led by CEO Jim Farley, who took the reins in late 2020.
If You Invested $1,000 In Ford When Jim Farley Became The CEO, Here's How Much You'd Have Now
© Provided by BenzingaIf You Invested $1,000 In Ford When Jim Farley Became The CEO, Here's How Much You'd Have Now
What Happened: On October 1, 2020, Farley became the 11th CEO in Ford’s 117-year history.
In his first week leading the company, he outlined a plan to turn the company around and improve its financials.
“Turn around automotive operations; allocate capital to Ford’s strongest franchises and high-growth opportunities; produce compelling, uniquely Ford electric vehicles at scale; and stand up new AV-enabled businesses,” Farley said to employees at the time.
Farley succeeded Jim Hackett and was seen by many as the right fit for the job as a “car guy” and not just a businessman.
Related Link: 5 Things You Might Not Know About Ford CEO Jim Farley
Investing $1,000 in Ford: On October 1, 2020, when Farley took over, Ford shares hit a high of $6.77.
A $1,000 investment in the automotive company could have purchased 147.71 shares of Ford. The $1,000 investment would be worth $2,011.81 today.
It represents a return of 101.2% in around a year and a half.
Ford shares hit a 52-week high of $25.87 in January 2022. The same $1,000 investment would have been worth $3,821.26 at the time.
Photo: Courtesy of Ford Asia Pacific on Flickr

I invested in F(Ford) and also in a LITHIUM & BATTERY TECH ETF the week after the Ford San Antonio event I attended. I'll say that the market tanked that next first week, which was a bummer, but lately the numbers are closer to the starting price for F(Ford), while the battery ETF has actually made money since then. My thought is that Ford has got it right. They have the product, the best selling VEHICLE in over 40 YEARS!, and they have engineered it right. They have the manufacturing right, and have not tried to 'reinvent the wheel' as others have with 'fancy' or 'pretty' new EV vehicles. A buyer just wants the vehicle to work, and wants to be able to PUT IT TO WORK when they need to - there's very little other options out there, and probably very few in the near future while Ford will continue to pump out F150 LIGHTNING by the truck-load(pun intended)... BATTERY manufacturing is starting to be in HIGH DEMAND, and while continue for the foreseeable future - the manufacturing is not yet keeping up with the little demand we have now, so the FUTURE is where it's at.

Back