Just Got This

Ordering opens soon for the F‑150 Lightning™ truck.
Ford Logo
The F‑150 Lightning™ truck is unloaded for a day biking in the mountains.
Preproduction model with optional equipment shown. Production begins Fall 2022.​

The only EV that’s an F‑150®​

Get ready.
The truck that helped build this country is now electric, and we’re glad you’re still part of the revolution.​

Orders will be starting soon.​

Because of unprecedented interest, we’ll be sending invitations to order the 2023 F‑150 Lightning at staggered times.​

You’re still on the list.​

Keep an eye out. We’ll be sending an invitation for you to order your vehicle soon.​

Stay the course.​

We hope you’ll continue with us on this amazing journey, but if you decide to cancel your reservation, you’ll get a full refund from your dealer.​

Thanks for riding with us.​

We appreciate your passion—and your patience. We’re committed to keeping you up to date right up until your F‑150 Lightning is plugged in and ready to take this revolutionary leap forward.​
Ford Logo
Ford Motor Company

For me... Having preordered 9 minutes in and not getting a 22, that "stay the course" with hefty price increase is an insult to injury.
They're making everything they can. They would love to sell you one I'm sure. They've been pretty clear that demand has far outpaced their initial predictions.

They're making everything they can. They would love to sell you one I'm sure. They've been pretty clear that demand has far outpaced their initial predictions.
I think you miss what my peeve is, I preordered 9 minutes in and then had to watch people who preordered even more than a day later get the my22 at a cheaper price. What point is there to a "line" when there is no line.

I get it and I’m in the same boat as a day one reservation holder. The social-media YouTube ”influencers” and dealer VIPs all got to jump in front of us. I don’t like it but I also expected it. Im just a working class stiff. The rich, pretty and influential always get first dibs.

I get it and I’m in the same boat as a day one reservation holder. The social-media YouTube ”influencers” and dealer VIPs all got to jump in front of us. I don’t like it but I also expected it. Im just a working class stiff. The rich, pretty and influential always get first dibs.
:nod:

Sorry I did not mean to get people upset. This email my be because I Called Ford a month ago and told them I had never heard or got and email from them so they sent me and email telling me to verify my email by clicking the link so I click it every day for about a week. But the email verifies that orders are about to open.

Last edited:
Sorry I did not mean to get people upset. This email my be because I Called Ford a month ago and told them I had never heard or got and email from them so they sent me and email telling me to verify my email by clicking the link so I click it every day for about a week. But the email verifies that orders are about to open.
I got the same email yesterday as you Frunk and an email from my dealer letting me know I am in the next wave, I'll bet you are too! I'm thinking the 3rd wave will be let loose next Thursday..

I got the same email yesterday as you Frunk and an email from my dealer letting me know I am in the next wave, I'll bet you are too! I'm thinking the 3rd wave will be let loose next Thursday..
Thank. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I hope you are right. I am driving to LA to give my grandson my old F150. I wanted to wait till I got my new truck but I just can’t make him wait any longer.

I think they know they'll have a lot of very depressed customer when invites start going out and no PROs or even XLTs are then available - trying to 'fish' to get your idea of if you will be willing to 'change' your choice, and then if so, maybe give you an EARLIER invite if you do.

I think they know they'll have a lot of very depressed customer when invites start going out and no PROs or even XLTs are then available - trying to 'fish' to get your idea of if you will be willing to 'change' your choice, and then if so, maybe give you an EARLIER invite if you do.
I told them I wanted an ER XLT. Truth is only IF I can get it under contract this year, otherwise a Pro zero options (but the August orders probably used up whatever allocation they had for the budget truck. )

Everyone but me probably already knows this but the best way to track your order, at least once you are scheduled for production, is this link: https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking I was scheduled for and "In Production" the week of 8/22/22 according to My Account at Ford.com. But it appears production didn't really start until last Monday.

When you filled this out did you tell them you have another reservation for a gm or ravin.
I got the survey and told them I had another reservation for a Silverado EV.
I also rated my Ford reservation experience as "poor"

Last edited:
I got the survey and told them I had another reservation for a Silverado EV.
I also rated my Ford reservation experience as "poor"
I was just thinking maybe Ford was going to send reservation order out to people that have other reservation first I told them I do not have any other reservation and I don't.

Back