Lightning For The Wife?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Is anyone else trying to talk the wife into the Lightning for "her car"? I have a supercharged F150 for most of the family duties like driving long distances, towing our trailer, etc, but I really want a Lightning as well. Unfortunately, it won't replace my truck for what I use it for, but I think it's perfect for the wife since her car basically never leaves town as it is. I think the frunk is perfect for groceries, kid's stuff, and around-town errands that the wife runs. Anyone else lobbying with your wife like I am?

Last edited:
Is anyone else trying to talk the wife into the Lightning for "her car"? I have a supercharged F150 for most of the family duties like driving long distances, towing our trailer, etc, but I really want a Lightning as well. Unfortunately, it won't replace my truck for what I use it for, but I think it's perfect for the wife since her car basically never leaves town as it is. I think the frunk is perfect for groceries, kid's stuff, and around-town errands that the wife runs. Anyone else lobbying with the wife like I am?
What a great idea to have my wife part of the order process as the Lightning cannot take the place of my F-350 Diesel. If I can get her on board with skin in the game like pick the color scheme it is possible she will agree to jump up to the Platinum when ordering starts.

What a great idea to have my wife part of the order process as the Lightning cannot take the place of my F-350 Diesel. If I can get her on board with skin in the game like pick the color scheme it is possible she will agree to jump up to the Platinum when ordering starts.
Exactly! If it's "her" truck then you should be able to get a few more extras or a higher trim package. :cool:

My wife said on way trucks are to high. Its to hard for her to lift her butt up into the seat. Maybe I will retrofit it with a lift chair.
I am about to give up and keep what I got now that Ford said it won't be until September to begin delivery on the Lightning.

This is good if you have time to watch it. It gets dry at times but better the last half

Is anyone else trying to talk the wife into the Lightning for "her car"? I have a supercharged F150 for most of the family duties like driving long distances, towing our trailer, etc, but I really want a Lightning as well. Unfortunately, it won't replace my truck for what I use it for, but I think it's perfect for the wife since her car basically never leaves town as it is. I think the frunk is perfect for groceries, kid's stuff, and around-town errands that the wife runs. Anyone else lobbying with the wife like I am?
Good idea!!!
But maybe use my Wife instead of "the wife". Just saying but not my wife your wife lol

I got this email today from my sales person.

Please DO NOT reply to this email. Please email questions and communication to [email protected] or call/text at 832-372-6348

Hello and good morning

This is Jorge Lopez from Tomball Ford with a quick update on the Ford Lightning order banks. As you might know, there has been a worldwide computer chip shortage that has forced Ford to delay production of the Lightning. To my understanding the order banks will open sometime in January and we should be able to start ordering the Ford Lightnings soon.

Ford has kept a lot of information from dealers and we don’t know the date or the process of ordering as of now and hope to resend you another email with firm information. I just wanted to get the conversation started and to let you know we are close to ordering. I appreciate your patience and the opportunity you are giving me and Tomball Ford to help you.

It sounds like Ford jumped the gun on coming out with the lightning when they did not have the chips to produces it. I am sick of all the waiting , no information and delays.

It sounds like Ford jumped the gun on coming out with the lightning when they did not have the chips to produces it. I am sick of all the waiting , no information and delays.
Well I ordered/ reverse a Bronco over a year and a half ago. The reservation on the lighting was opening nigh so will see witch one is first. 🤷‍♂️. As Far as jumping the gun I think Ford has fire the cannon their way off the mark.

Back