Lightning stops in road

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
What will you do if Lightning F 150 stops in the road...call Ford Will you have it tow. can it be towed

Last edited:

PeterF

Jan 13, 2022
Madison, WI
I’d call Ford.

That’s what I did when my Mach-E died (at 70-something% charge). They were very helpful.

(The issue was resolved later - most likely a software glitch that caused a failure to start a battery-fan which in turn resulted in a power train shutdown to prevent overheating.)

Also with the Mach-E you have one free “whoops I ran out of juice”-tow, where Ford’ll tow you to the nearest dealer/fast-charger.

I don’t know if the Lightning comes with that “perk”. Not that I’ve ever had to use it… (even though I’ve been darn close a few times 😂)

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I believe I read Lightning comes with roadside assistance for 5 years or 60'000 miles. It can not be flat towed or dolly towed but you can put it in neutral and in the infotainment system put it in tow and then it can be towed up to 50 miles no faster then 35 miles an hour i read in the eSource book.

PeterF

Jan 13, 2022
Madison, WI
Interesing.
I believe I read Lightning comes with roadside assistance for 5 years or 60'000 miles. It can not be flat towed or dolly towed but you can put it in neutral and in the infotainment system put it in tow and then it can be towed up to 50 miles no faster then 35 miles an hour i read in the eSource book.
Interesting. I wonder why they won’t let it be flatbed’ed. but good to know. Thanks.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Interesing.

Interesting. I wonder why they won’t let it be flatbed’ed. but good to know. Thanks.
Flat tow meaning you can not tow it with all 4 wheels on the ground it needs to be picked up and put on a flat bed truck or put dollies on the back wheels and pick up the front wheels and tow it that way.

PeterF

Jan 13, 2022
Madison, WI
Flat tow meaning you can not tow it with all 4 wheels on the ground it needs to be picked up and put on a flat bed truck or put dollies on the back wheels and pick up the front wheels and tow it that way.
Ahaaaa. That makes more sense to me. 😃

scottdraco

Nov 16, 2021
Ames, Iowa
The process to tow 50 miles after putting it in Neutral and setting the Infotainment system to tow would would seem to imply that you can put it in neutral, set the infotainment to tow and winch it aboard a flat bed.

Last edited:
OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
The process to tow 50 miles after putting it in Neutral and setting the Infotainment system to tow would would seem to imply that you can put it in neutral, set the infotainment to tow and winch it aboard a flat bed.
Yes you can put it on a flatbed truck and haul it. You can also tow or pull it no faster than 35 MPH for no farther than 50 miles.