Main Use of Your F150 Lightning?

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
I've been thinking about how I will be using my Ford Lightning compared to my current trucks. It certainly won't replace my trip vehicle needed for towing my camper (F-250 Diesel). However I think it will be a fun truck for general commuting, day trips & running errands. How's everyone else plan on using it?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I plan on using it for my photography business. The big trunk will be perfect for keeping expensive photo gear out of sight and the 4x4 will serve me well in the winter months.
Frunk for the win! That paired with a nice tonneau cover and the back of the cab, and you've got endless amounts of room for gear. :cool:

Last edited:

jrueter

Jul 2, 2021
CA
I've been thinking about how I will be using my Ford Lightning compared to my current trucks. It certainly won't replace my trip vehicle needed for towing my camper (F-250 Diesel). However I think it will be a fun truck for general commuting, day trips & running errands. How's everyone else plan on using it?
@wired - curious why you wont use it for towing - is it the range or the towing capacity?

I am looking for something I can tow a small 2 horse trailer, relatively short distances - mostly under 50 miles round trip with some 150miles round trip

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I think it depends on how and what you plan to tow. If you are towing locally to move your toys around, work or haul animals then I think the Lightning will do great. If you're towing a travel trailer more than 600 miles a day more than a couple of times a year, then you might consider a gas or diesel truck.

DHAbbott

Jul 21, 2021
Portland, Maine
Towing a boat, construction material, and commuting to work.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I plan on taking trips in it. Almost all the Hiltons and other hotels have free charging station so I can plan my trips charge over night and swim in the pool when I get there.

djl

Jul 22, 2021
red state
Always had a pickup in the family fleet…want an EV pickup that will accomplish most things an ice version does. Range and towing are critical. After listening to Sandy Munro’s deconstruction of the Mach-E, I am hoping the Lightning will use nylon coolant hoses and since towing reduces range why can’t the truck be designed to be continuously charged from the trailer since many travel trailers have solar panels, batteries, and generators.