New Lightning owner

jeff

Jan 13, 2022
Ellensburg, WA
Not new to the forum, but since I didn't have a Lightning, I read with interest and no small amount of envy but this is my first post. Just bought a demo from my local Ford dealer, a 2022 Platinum with lots of extras I need and wanted, and a few I'm not sure about yet. Anyway, I've been spending a lot of time in the driver's seat looking at the owner's manual and trying to learn all I can about the truck. I have one issue I just can't figure out having to do with the heated seat. I can't turn it off on the drivers side. I can turn it up. I can turn it down. But I can't turn it off. I've tried following the instructions in the manual, but nothing seems to work. If anyone has an idea, I'd love to hear it. The passenger seat goes on and off ok. Thanks in advance!

OP
J

jeff

Jan 13, 2022
Ellensburg, WA
Tapping it three times should run it through the levels back to off
Actually, I figured it out. When the seat icon is tapped, a slider bar appears with which to select heat intensity or cooling. Sliding the button to the middle turns it off. For some reason I couldn't get it there before, but I have it now. Thanks

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Hey Jeff. Glad you got it figured out. However you should have received a recent Power Up Software update that gets rid of the "Slider Bar" and substitutes a much better "Tap" System that I think is referred to in the post by Sync. Hope this helps. Thx, Walt

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Hey Jeff. Glad you got it figured out. However you should have received a recent Power Up Software update that gets rid of the "Slider Bar" and substitutes a much better "Tap" System that I think is referred to in the post by Sync. Hope this helps. Thx, Walt
Actually the update includes both options. You can tap through levels IF you tap quick enough, or single tap and dial volume knob to adjust.

OP
J

jeff

Jan 13, 2022
Ellensburg, WA
T
Actually the update includes both options. You can tap through levels IF you tap quick enough, or single tap and dial volume knob to adjust.
Thanks for helping me out with this. Just connected to wifi yesterday, haven't gotten any message about updates. I believe they are automatically pushed so it should happen soon

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Not new to the forum, but since I didn't have a Lightning, I read with interest and no small amount of envy but this is my first post. Just bought a demo from my local Ford dealer, a 2022 Platinum with lots of extras I need and wanted, and a few I'm not sure about yet. Anyway, I've been spending a lot of time in the driver's seat looking at the owner's manual and trying to learn all I can about the truck. I have one issue I just can't figure out having to do with the heated seat. I can't turn it off on the drivers side. I can turn it up. I can turn it down. But I can't turn it off. I've tried following the instructions in the manual, but nothing seems to work. If anyone has an idea, I'd love to hear it. The passenger seat goes on and off ok. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the club. Enjoy the truck

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
T

Thanks for helping me out with this. Just connected to wifi yesterday, haven't gotten any message about updates. I believe they are automatically pushed so it should happen soon
Actuall, if I recall correctly, auto update is disabled by default and you would need to enable, IF that is your preference.

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hi and congratulations!

I know my dealer (and most I believe) will pull the latest SYNC4a and PowerUp versions prior to handing the vehicle over to you.

I got my Lariat on 1/6 and it was up to date. I’v seen just two OTA updates since then and they were both “behind the scenes” updates to the updater and the modem.

I am hearing that Bluecruise 1.2 and a new SYNC4a update will be released sometime in June or July but no firm date on that,

Hope this helps and you enjoy your new machine - it’s amazing!