Received “ Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning order.” eMail!

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hello all!

Finally after months of no statues I received an e-mail from Ford called “Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning order.” It takes you to a link to a survey that apparently they are using to help plan for upcoming orders. I am posting the e-Mail as well as a screen shot of each of the survey questions.

Hope this os a positive indicator they are ramping up but I was a little concerned with this wording:

Note that we expect nearly all of our current
reservation holders will be invited to order by
next summer.

E56D6BE8-ACFA-4F46-928E-4E3AA74D50EC.jpeg
52CC22B9-A24A-4424-B39C-D369B6E91156.jpeg
E68514E0-B697-496B-9F98-2C88A478D31F.jpeg
FECD622B-744F-4D39-A6B1-456BC8586290.jpeg
62D95083-2EE9-4A43-933E-6BF3495A44F5.jpeg
CF7E07F1-66DF-48F3-96F3-513CC722F821.jpeg
00FEC210-CF65-4130-8910-83A5732C5ACD.jpeg
ED9E8757-D41C-4783-86A0-E0C52848F518.jpeg

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
I did not get an email from Ford even though I was among the first 40k to make a reservation. Not that it really matters at this point though. Unless they lower the price, I will probably get the Silverado EV WT. It looks like they still don’t have Pros available for order until next summer at which point the Silverado should be close to production.

OP
Kstype

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
I did not get an email from Ford even though I was among the first 40k to make a reservation. Not that it really matters at this point though. Unless they lower the price, I will probably get the Silverado EV WT. It looks like they still don’t have Pros available for order until next summer at which point the Silverado should be close to production.
Hi Erik - I believe I am in that for 40,000 group as well - I reserved in at am on 5/21. Sorry you have not seen any email yet, it may still come this weekend.

I was not happy with the price increases either but the features and trim levels I want (Lariat) in traditional ICE trucks are about the same price range and they also have all the additional maintenance and fuel costs.

Hope you get an e-mail but whatever you decide I hope it all works out for you!

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Hello all!

Finally after months of no statues I received an e-mail from Ford called “Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning order.” It takes you to a link to a survey that apparently they are using to help plan for upcoming orders. I am posting the e-Mail as well as a screen shot of each of the survey questions.

Hope this os a positive indicator they are ramping up but I was a little concerned with this wording:

Note that we expect nearly all of our current
reservation holders will be invited to order by
next summer.

View attachment 485View attachment 486View attachment 487View attachment 488View attachment 489View attachment 490View attachment 491View attachment 492
I don't see the one asking you if you have a reservation with another company. and did you tell them yes or no

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I thought I missed one, I don’t have another resets and told them that.
I was just thinking maybe Ford was going to send reservation order out to people that have other reservation first I told them I do not have any other reservation and I don't.

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State
I was just thinking maybe Ford was going to send reservation order out to people that have other reservation first I told them I do not have any other reservation and I don't.
I think they’re just trying to learn from this and the Bronco reservation system. For $100 I don’t think it’s worth it to them to tick off their fans

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
I’m a day nine reservation holder. I have never received any of the survey emails from Ford. I did receive generic emails about my reservation but not the survey ones.

I did log in to my account and my reservation is there. It makes me nervous though. Why don’t I get these emails when other sites like long mcarthur Ford say “every reservation holder got one?”

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
I think they’re just trying to learn from this and the Bronco reservation system. For $100 I don’t think it’s worth it to them to tick off their fans
I’m not trying to be a jerk but this whole process is irritating. The simple solution is have every reservation holder build their truck online with the build and price. Then every vehicle that can be built is racked by reservation date. Simple.

If you’r your MY22 gets bumped to MY23 you are required to rebuild your truck on the build and price. If you don’t within 30 days you lose your reservation. Simple.

Same for MY23 to MY24. Most people enjoy playing with the build and price anyway. I’ve built so many mavericks and lightings I have lost count.

Why doesn’t this happen? Dealers. Another reason to hate the dealer system.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
I’m not trying to be a jerk but this whole process is irritating. The simple solution is have every reservation holder build their truck online with the build and price. Then every vehicle that can be built is racked by reservation date. Simple.

If you’r your MY22 gets bumped to MY23 you are required to rebuild your truck on the build and price. If you don’t within 30 days you lose your reservation. Simple.

Same for MY23 to MY24. Most people enjoy playing with the build and price anyway. I’ve built so many mavericks and lightings I have lost count.

Ford is not allowed to sell directly to consumers. They can only sell to dealers. You have your state’s politicians to thank for that. All 50 states have laws banning Ford from fixing this process.

OP
Kstype

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania

EXACTLY! I mean the have an entire online portal that is directly linked to me with saved builds - just add a preferred build checkbox to the form and then let me check it.

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
Ford is not allowed to sell directly to consumers. They can only sell to dealers. You have your state’s politicians to thank for that. All 50 states have laws banning Ford from fixing this process.
They could do what I proposed. Tomorrow. I can buy it from my dealer, but use the process I outlined. It’s the dealers who don’t want it. 50 miles from where I live is a Ford Lightning for sale on the lot. Lightning orders with reservations all over can’t get one, including some day 1 reservations, but vision Ford in Wahpeton, ND has one on the lot for sale now. And anyone can buy it. lol

Well done! SMH