Towing package question

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Hi all,
I think I am going to get the Pro model, as it fits my needs. I need a tow package, but I don’t want to spend $1,935 on one, as listed in the build out. Does anyone know if i could go to a place like Uhaul, and get a decent one there for this vehicle. I was going to get one for an Audi Q3 a year ago for about $450, which is much more enticing.
Thanks

pinaz

Jan 4, 2022
Texas
Hi all,
I think I am going to get the Pro model, as it fits my needs. I need a tow package, but I don’t want to spend $1,935 on one, as listed in the build out.
My read of the specs is that all Lighting models (including Pro) come standard with a tow package. The Pro tows 5000 lbs by default, and this can be upgraded to 7700 lbs with the "Max Tow Package" (extra battery cooling) that you were pricing.

OP
T

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
My read of the specs is that all Lighting models (including Pro) come standard with a tow package. The Pro tows 5000 lbs by default, and this can be upgraded to 7700 lbs with the "Max Tow Package" (extra battery cooling) that you were pricing.
Oh, that is perfect. The boat is only 4,000 pounds. I don’t need the trailer assist and other stuff. You just saved me $2,000