Tracking my F-150 Lightning Build/Transport/Delivery

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Hello everyone. Hoping to get others experiences regarding the Build, Transport, and Delivery process. With much assistance from others on this website I have been able to follow to a degree these processes. Also credit to the Ford Marketing Center/New Vehicle Support who first provided me with my VIN and Order number. From there I went to the Ford Module Build Data (As-Built) website where last week my Modules and Tear Tag popped up. Does not yet show "Built" on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking Form which I am told is the likely next step prior to preparation for shipping. I called FMC/NVS today to see if they might be able to provide any updates and/or new info on my truck. They were very helpful. The Rep I spoke with said that my truck was in the process of being built. She said that she showed a delivery window of Oct 5-11 but thought that was optimistic and would likely be pushed back. She also said that it started out at the Rouge EV plant and was now most likely on its way to Flat Rock and from there on to Dearborn at which point it would show "Built". Anyone else familiar with this 3 way journey? Might it have something to do with my choice of options on my ER Lariat? Would also like to know at what point I will be able to "Activate" my truck from the Ford Pass App on my phone? Also found reference to a website called OrderTrack where it claims to be able to provide shipping info. It shows my truck will be shipped by Convoy not Rail. Thanks to those interested in my post. Look forward to any info, feedback, or opinions you can provide! Walt

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
I was VERY interested in the same, during my 7 1/2 month wait, from Jan 6th order, and the 'build week' window being pushed back at least SIX times, for an additional two months of waiting, until the final 'day' the truck was 'married'(body to chassis)...on 7/29... then a 'built' notification 8/02 or so...then the job of 'tracking' became the real chore. There is no 'tracking' system for trucks that are built. There IS a process to find out info, from several different sources, to piecemeal enough info to have some type of 'timeline' along the way, but it can be very frustrating, and the PATIENCE needed is sometimes aggravating. Eventually the truck will make it to your dealer.
Some will stress. Some will just sit back and let the process happen. Some have more patience than others. I got my truck on 8/23...some in my 'build week' STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THEIRS...crazy.

Chatted with Ford Customer Service to eventually find the 'rail car' number:
Found out, by a LOT of research, what TRAIN company might be coming to a 'ramp' nearest my dealer.
Called Norfolk Southern several times per day, if not more often, to get a 'voice' update of the most recent 'scanner' yard location that the car was passing thru,
or stopped at, etc. Medville MI, Oakwood Mi, Flat Rock Mi, eventually Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tenn, and soon into north Georgia, heading for Atlanta.
The truck is eventually unloaded and parked in a 'spot', at a 'ramp' facitility.
Eventually, a trucking company loads it and brings it to your dealer.

This could be a week. or a month.

OP
W

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Thanks for getting back! Fortunately I am in the "patient" camp but enjoy getting as much info as I can regarding the whole process from order to delivery. Glad you finally got your truck! How do you like it so far? What are you using for your home charger? Thanks, Walt

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Ford says it just fired all it acquisition people and hired new people because Ford has 40,000 to 45,000 vehicles on the planet lots built waiting for parts. That is why the stock has gone down.

Last edited:
OP
W

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Just got the update from Ford. "Built" Awaiting shipment. Confirmed on "Track Your Order" website.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Hello everyone. Hoping to get others experiences regarding the Build, Transport, and Delivery process. With much assistance from others on this website I have been able to follow to a degree these processes. Also credit to the Ford Marketing Center/New Vehicle Support who first provided me with my VIN and Order number. From there I went to the Ford Module Build Data (As-Built) website where last week my Modules and Tear Tag popped up. Does not yet show "Built" on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking Form which I am told is the likely next step prior to preparation for shipping. I called FMC/NVS today to see if they might be able to provide any updates and/or new info on my truck. They were very helpful. The Rep I spoke with said that my truck was in the process of being built. She said that she showed a delivery window of Oct 5-11 but thought that was optimistic and would likely be pushed back. She also said that it started out at the Rouge EV plant and was now most likely on its way to Flat Rock and from there on to Dearborn at which point it would show "Built". Anyone else familiar with this 3 way journey? Might it have something to do with my choice of options on my ER Lariat? Would also like to know at what point I will be able to "Activate" my truck from the Ford Pass App on my phone? Also found reference to a website called OrderTrack where it claims to be able to provide shipping info. It shows my truck will be shipped by Convoy not Rail. Thanks to those interested in my post. Look forward to any info, feedback, or opinions you can provide! Walt
Thanks for that info WWISE I have been wanting to know that to

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Frunk are they building your truck? What was your reservation date.
Not yet I just got my invite on the last wave about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I reserved on 5/21. I ordered a Platinum I know I am wasting money put I wanted the radio and the wheels with Michelin tires Iconic silver to match the rims and I like light colors so it won't show dirt.

Don weller

Not yet I just got my invite on the last wave about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I reserved on 5/21. I ordered a Platinum I know I am wasting money put I wanted the radio and the wheels with Michelin tires Iconic silver to match the rims and I like light colors so it won't show dirt.
My reservation date is 5/25/21 I hope I soon get an invitation to order mine I want a Lariat.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
just drove by the Atlanta 'Hapeville Norfolk Southern Rail RAMP yard' today... LOTS of FORD Trucks and vehicles on the ground, but didn't spot any Lightnings...but I didn't try too hard. Just wanted to see where my Lightning landed from Dearborn back on the week of Aug 23rd...

OP
W

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Spoke with Ford New Vehicle Support Center today. Apparently my truck is at Flat Rock on hold for a microchip order. No estimate given on wait time. Hoping for an update later this week or next week. Anyone else in this situation? Thanks, Walt

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Spoke with Ford New Vehicle Support Center today. Apparently my truck is at Flat Rock on hold for a microchip order. No estimate given on wait time. Hoping for an update later this week or next week. Anyone else in this situation? Thanks, Walt
WWISE how old are you and what color and trim did you get. I live in Willis os I may see your truck on the road some day

idmclean13

Sep 16, 2021
Vermont
Mine is at car transport yard. Waiting for trucker to pick it up for final road trip. Now it's only 3.5 hours from home. Think this waiting is worse part.

64 Lariat er Atlas blue

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 56