Truck problems

I might would try something: disconnect the lifts on each side, and then see if you can press the hood down into the mechanism, manually.
What I 'hear' on my own hood, when closing, is that the primary lifts bring the hood down to the latch, THEN a secondary mechanism/motor actually
takes over to bring the hood down INTO the latch. This 'whirring' sound can be heard from this motor as it latches the hood closed.

I'm wondering if that 'latch motor' is not working, or not receiving the 'signal' to operate. There may be a simple FUSE replacement to solve it.

I looked closer at my own frunk operational components, at least what I can actually SEE...
I believe the 'arms' that bring down the trunk, and also bring it up, are not hydraulic, as they may initially look... I believe they are simply
components that are driven by a motor on each side to either increase, or decrease, in length.
I also believe that there is probably a different component that actually 'closes fully' and 'locks' the hood. This has a different sound and
feels like a totally different action than the 'arms'. It makes sense, too, because when you first press the frunk button, there is a slight
hesitation, to 'release' the latch, then the arms take over the movement. Also, on closing, the arms bring down the hood to a certain place,
then there is a slight hesitation before the latch 'motor' brings it down the rest of the way and 'locks' it.

My idea of simply uncoupling the arms may not be so easy, and also the whole frunk 'tub' may have to be removed.... : /

but, yes, I would still look at the FUSE box/owner manual, and research if a FUSE is used to operate the front latch/motor.

FUSE BOX on-screen fuse location diagram.jpg
FUSE box on-screen label locations.jpg
FUSE box location.jpg
FUSE box, left corner Passenger side, micro fuses.jpg

Back