What is the difference between the two offered bed liners?

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
Ford is offering a Bed Tray with the lightning for $240, and another "Bed Mat" that is $165. Other than the pattern on the mat, what difference justifies the cost difference? Is one of them not easily removable?

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Good question. I also would like a bed liner but know nothing about this sort of thing. If someone out there could give some guidance here it would be appreciated.

Shadyant

Dec 2, 2021
Florida
I’m not sure of the difference in the tray and Matt and why the small price difference

what I can tell you is those are just what the say a matt or tray for ONLY the very bottom of the bed. There is no side or front protection with these.
you’ll need either the drop in bed liner or the spray in liner for full protection

personally I recommend the spray in liner. It comes with most builds of ICE F150’S

Ilooks great and fully protects the entire bed, front mid gate, sides, rear wheel bumps etc…

Ssob

Dec 17, 2021
Sterling
Good question. I also would like a bed liner but know nothing about this sort of thing. If someone out there could give some guidance here it would be appreciated.
I wouldn't go with the tray nor the mat. I really like the LineX spray-in liner in my current F150. They have aluminum beds, which are more susceptible to damage than steel and the liner material offers additional protection in all areas. It doesn't interfere with the Boxlink system. The texture of the liner material helps limit items sliding around, but if they do, protects the surface of the bed. I don't have a single complaint with it and coming up on 5 years with it.

Jimbalf

Sep 5, 2021
Austin, TX
I wouldn't go with the tray nor the mat. I really like the LineX spray-in liner in my current F150. They have aluminum beds, which are more susceptible to damage than steel and the liner material offers additional protection in all areas. It doesn't interfere with the Boxlink system. The texture of the liner material helps limit items sliding around, but if they do, protects the surface of the bed. I don't have a single complaint with it and coming up on 5 years with it.
I agree about the LineX. i had it put in my new 2010 F150 and had them match the trim color. I have loaded and unloaded dirt, mulch, sod, lumber, trash, furniture, kids, and junk for 12 years and it still looks pretty good. I’ll definitely go back to LineX when I get my Lightning.