1ST TIME TO CHARGE MY LIGHTNING LARIAT AT HOME.

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Charged my Lightning Lariat tonight for the 1st time after driving 58 miles to work and back. I used the Portable "Slow Charger" that came with it as I have not yet received my 80 Amp Pro Charger from Sunrun that is included with my Extended Range Lariat. When I picked it up from my dealer Tuesday it showed 100% charge and 320 mile range exactly as stated by Ford. I was in no hurry and was excited to charge it for the 1st time. When it hit 99% charge I was going to disconnect it but noticed range was up to 323 miles. So I let it run out to 100% and it showed 327 miles of range. 7 more than when I picked it up. Not sure what to make of it if anything but was interesting to see the small increase in range. Would welcome any comments or observations. Thanks, Walt

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Charged my Lightning Lariat tonight for the 1st time after driving 58 miles to work and back. I used the Portable "Slow Charger" that came with it as I have not yet received my 80 Amp Pro Charger from Sunrun that is included with my Extended Range Lariat. When I picked it up from my dealer Tuesday it showed 100% charge and 320 mile range exactly as stated by Ford. I was in no hurry and was excited to charge it for the 1st time. When it hit 99% charge I was going to disconnect it but noticed range was up to 323 miles. So I let it run out to 100% and it showed 327 miles of range. 7 more than when I picked it up. Not sure what to make of it if anything but was interesting to see the small increase in range. Would welcome any comments or observations. Thanks, Walt
Sounds like you drove slow not much freeway

jimfigler

Sep 28, 2022
Buffalo, NY
You didn’t pick up miles. EPA rated 320 miles is based a mix of highway and city miles. Drive more city miles and your truck will adjust its range calculation based on that type of driving. Do a week of mainly highway miles and you will see something lower than 320. The truck constantly makes educated guesses and adjusts the range displayed.

Last edited:

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I thank you could gain some mileage because 320 mile range was calculated on a person with a 1000 pounds in the bed

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
That makes perfect sense! Thanks for your response! Walt
Yeah, they call it a guess o meter (GOM).
the first trip I took with my leaf I was shocked to see the range decrease by roughly fifty percent on the highway going from 60mph to 70mph. You will get the hang of it within a couple of trips.

idmclean13

Sep 16, 2021
Vermont
Yeah, they call it a guess o meter (GOM).
the first trip I took with my leaf I was shocked to see the range decrease by roughly fifty percent on the highway going from 60mph to 70mph. You will get the hang of it within a couple of trips.

Yes slow driving will show more milage. Took mine for good ride other day. Did mostly 60 plus speed. Charged mine to 100% . Told me next day 308 miles of range. Oops

frunk

Jun 11, 2021

DeFran7285

Aug 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
I would love to have the range you are experiencing. With a full charge of my extended battery, I'm lucky to get 280 miles. I haven't really been driving too much highway or excessive speeds and haven't been hauling anything either. I've seen it as low as 265 for a full charge (when I did drive on the highway). What's the point of paying the extra $10,000 if I am only getting a small increase in range. Hopefully I don't have issues with the battery that was installed.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I would love to have the range you are experiencing. With a full charge of my extended battery, I'm lucky to get 280 miles. I haven't really been driving too much highway or excessive speeds and haven't been hauling anything either. I've seen it as low as 265 for a full charge (when I did drive on the highway). What's the point of paying the extra $10,000 if I am only getting a small increase in range. Hopefully I don't have issues with the battery that was installed.
Are you driving up and down hills. or all highway driving