2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Order Process Video

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
Great video, thanks... one thing that I didn't quite understand is. If you moved your order, are you added to the end of the list of the new dealer or do you just get inserted into that dealers orders based on your time stamp? So for example if a dealer has 99 preorders, and you move there do you become 100th order. Or do you potentially become say 30th in line based on your timestamp?

OP
F

fordvideoguy

Oct 9, 2021
Salina, KS
Great video, thanks... one thing that I didn't quite understand is. If you moved your order, are you added to the end of the list of the new dealer or do you just get inserted into that dealers orders based on your time stamp? So for example if a dealer has 99 preorders, and you move there do you become 100th order. Or do you potentially become say 30th in line based on your timestamp?
You would be inserted into the list based on your original reservation time stamp.

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
Thanks for taking the time to put all that information together and sharing it. 👍

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
Tim is beyond great. I called four more local dealers and none of them had any idea of the information I was asking about. My dad had an F150 when I was a child so I’ve always been a Ford guy. However, this dealer process is so horrible it’s made me want to wait even longer for the cybertruck just to not have to deal with terrible uninformed and willingly misinformed dealers.

Keep doing it right, Tim!

Nathan in North Dakota

Daredevin

Dec 13, 2021
Orlando
Impressive how someone has all this information while other dealers tell us they don't have this information yet. This is why many people favor the Tesla Online Sales Business Model. How does this guys have all the answers before anyone else? I don't see a crystal ball on his desk?? Thanks for bringing so much value to the community.

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
Impressive how someone has all this information while other dealers tell us they don't have this information yet. This is why many people favor the Tesla Online Sales Business Model. How does this guys have all the answers before anyone else? I don't see a crystal ball on his desk?? Thanks for bringing so much value to the community.
It makes me want to be a Ford salesman.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Would be nice if Ford put out OFFICIAL numbers on Range and MSRP before the order windows open. I want to know what I’m getting and how much it’s going to cost.
I bet they will. Once the order banks open they will probably release all the official specifications and details as well.

Daredevin

Dec 13, 2021
Orlando
You would be inserted into the list based on your original reservation time stamp.
Let's say your reservation number is really good and you switch from your dealer after you find out during the ordering process they want 10K over MSRP. The new dealer is going to "insert" you into their list. What happens if the new dealership is allocated 10 trucks and they insert you into the #10 slot because of your timestamp. Does that mean the current #10 placeholder is now #11 and out of luck?

GOFAST

Oct 19, 2021
Annapolis, MD
Seeing how this process is playing out makes me think that Tesla and Rivian sales models are becoming the better approach. These models are transparent (generally) with websites full of FAQs, facts, and details.

Ford on the other hand has some dealers who are an extra overhead expense and liability. Some dealers are very transparent like the one from the video; others claim they don’t have any information yet. Dealers who charge ADM are going to come across as greedy.

I’ve said this before, but i have reservations for both Rivian and Lightning (May 22nd RD). There are a few things that will solidify my decision.

1. Dealer adds ADM - I don’t have time to play games with finding the honest dealer.

2. Lariat with 300 mile range is more expensive than Rivian.

3. Will Ford be able to provide details of the tax incentive - I get that legislation is still pending, but don’t want to find that they just sold their 200,001 EV before me and credits are used up. This needs to be transparent to the buyer.

Stepping off soap box.

pbd05

Dec 17, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Any idea if the process will be similar in Canada? I've got a few reservations in with different dealers, before it was known you could switch dealers during the order process.

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Now that we are past the Dec 17 deadline for dealers to select their top 5 to 25 Prioritizations (depending on allocation from Ford) I am wondering if anyone has heard of a date that Ford will be sending out emails to those selected. I am hearing Jan 5th. Anyone out there hear otherwise or have more pertinent info? Thanks.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Now that we are past the Dec 17 deadline for dealers to select their top 5 to 25 Prioritizations (depending on allocation from Ford) I am wondering if anyone has heard of a date that Ford will be sending out emails to those selected. I am hearing Jan 5th. Anyone out there hear otherwise or have more pertinent info? Thanks.
I was told the first wave would get an email and Ford would have the option on line for us to configure our truck January 20