Wow, $30,000 lightning markup on a pre-order and a $5,000 forfeit deposit?!

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
Found this on twitter, wow! If I had my pre-order there I would be busy moving it to another dealer. Are they really doing this?

img.jpg

lllaible

Dec 3, 2021
NE Kansas
I would think Ford would shut down that crazy behavior. If you pay that you must want 1 real bad. That is almost doubling the price on the cheapest model lighting.

lllaible

Dec 3, 2021
NE Kansas
If you finance who will give you $30,000 over value of vehicle. No one that's why they want the non refundable $5,000 deposit when you can't pay for the truck they win anyway. That should be against the law under price gouging.

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
If this is true I would anticipate Koons Ford Falls Church will be receiving a lot of phone calls. And emails. And I would suspect they will not be kind. Nor should they be. Again I stipulate IF this is true.

Ssob

Dec 17, 2021
Sterling
The City of Falls Church is the county/
County-equivalent with the 2nd highest median household income in the country, adjacent to No. 3, Fairfax County and No. 1, Loudoun County. Financing won't likely be an issue. Virtual signaling through ownership of an EV is popular in the area, as well as the genuine belief that non-ICE technology is better for the planet.

Hersbird

Aug 29, 2021
MT
I heard yesterday the Ferrari dealer near Washington DC gets in trouble with corporate because so few people buying there finance. Just cash deals on Ferraris that cost much more than the most expensive F150 even with a $30,000 markup.

Cybermonkey

Jul 30, 2021
I had to switch my reservation to a different dealer after Ford AutoNation in white bear lake MN tried to gouge me for an extra $5,000. Now I'm at midway Ford in Roseville MN, who claim to have no adm. Ford refunded my $100 deposit, but kept my reservation. Something about how they were unable to transfer money between dealers. Now I think I'm bumped from getting a spring delivery, because I didn't know about the price raping at AutoNation before the Dec. 17 deadline