2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Technical Specifications

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 10.53.43 AM.png

Ford released this Technical Specifications sheet when they announced the new 2022 F-150 Lightning, but it seems as though it might have been removed as quickly as it was added. Fortunately, we snagged a copy and you can find it below in photos and PDF form.
2022-ford-f150-lightning-specifications-list-page-1.png

2022-ford-f150-lightning-specifications-list-page-2.png

2022-ford-f150-lightning-specifications-list-page-3.png

2022-ford-f150-lightning-specifications-list-page-4.png

2022-ford-f150-lightning-specifications-list-page-5.png

Attachments

• f150-lightning-tech-specs1.png
    f150-lightning-tech-specs1.png
    454.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 2022-Ford-Lightning-technical-specifications-list.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:

Ted000

Jul 12, 2021
Wisconsin
I'm hoping the Pro will be available with the extended range and not for fleet only as this document suggests. I'm using this truck for a hobby farm so no need for one of the higher trim levels.

Last edited:
OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I'm hoping the Pro will be available with the extended range and not for fleet only as this document suggests. I'm using this truck for a hobby farm so no need for one of the higher levels.
Let's hope because I would like this option on a Pro model as well!

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
This explains Blue Cruise and how it works
LiDAR is an abbreviation for Light Detection and Ranging, which in layman's English means a sensor relying on laser to measure distances. A LiDAR sensor essentially throws out laser on surfaces and waits for the waves to reflect back, eventually counting the delay in the process to map an environment digitally.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
The price seems reasonable as well!

2021 F-150 and Mustang Mach-E customers will be able to purchase BlueCruise software – including a three-year service period – for $600 in the second half of 2021. Hardware pricing varies by vehicle.

For F-150, BlueCruise is available as a part of the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 package for a total of $1,595: $600 for the software and $995 for the hardware. The Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 package is standard on F-150 Limited and available as an option on Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum.

For Mustang Mach-E, BlueCruise comes standard on CA Route 1, Premium, and First Edition variants. It’s an available package on the Select trim for $3,200: $600 for the software and $2,600 for the rest of the package – as part of the larger Comfort and Technology package, which includes a 360-degree camera, heated front seats, and a heated steering wheel.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I do not know for sure but I know that as a battery get closer to full charge it slows down charging. The large battery has a higher acceptance rate sens it is larger. The last 20% of charge is like 20% of a gallon and 20% of gallon and a half. The specs show both battery's are being charge at the rate of 150KW DCFC. DCFC is level 3 so it is the fastest charge Levels 1 and 2 take send ac to the onboard charger and it convert it to DC to charge the battery. DCFC bypasses the onboard charger and sends DC power strait to the battery making it faster and the fact that it is 3 phase power I am not saying this right but for what it worth that is my though.

It is charging these battery up to 80% so the larger battery would have a higher acceptance rate making it easier to accept a charge

Last edited:

djl

Jul 22, 2021
red state
Hoping Ford engineers have reviewed Sandy Munro’s critique of the Mach E…he noted long rubber coolant lines. Shorten them and make mine nylon! I don’t want to have coolant leaks in a few years!

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I just watched Sandys Nunor's video It was very informative. Now I know how to get to the hoses if I ever need to replace one.

I also found one on the Ford Lightning.

djl

Jul 22, 2021
red state
Why wouldn’t Ford take Munro’s advice and redo the thermal system. It would save Ford money and me grief.

corytx69

Aug 4, 2021
Texas
So that extended battery says fleet only on the Pro trim, but the 9.6kw Pro Power Onboard shows to be option - is that sold separately by itself w/o extended battery but would automatically be included if you could get the extended battery?

Ted000

Jul 12, 2021
Wisconsin
So that extended battery says fleet only on the Pro trim, but the 9.6kw Pro Power Onboard shows to be option - is that sold separately by itself w/o extended battery but would automatically be included if you could get the extended battery?
The questionnaire Ford sent me had the 9.6kw Pro Power as a separate option from the extended battery. I can't remember the exact amount but I think it was between $1,000 to $1,500 extra. The extended battery was around $10,000

I kick myself for not taking a screen shot of the questionnaire before I submitted it. Does anyone have a copy of it?

Last edited:

4gfirstmax

Jul 24, 2021
Atlanta, GA
I’m really curious if there is a performance difference between the trim levels/ battery options. The standard battery will weigh less, and I’m not sure the available current would differ that much from the extended battery… if there is a difference, would it be strictly based on tune?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I have been in maintenance all my life so I like to know how it works. So I know the big battery is a 150 to 155 kwh for the extended and it has a 12 volt battery under the front frunk. The big battery runs the drive motors and the 12 volt battery run all the 12 volt ..., radio,windows,A/C and heater. The charger will charge both batteries if the 12 volt battery gets to low when driving the big battery will help charge back up the small battery. So if your light or dash are dead look at the 12 volt battery.The pro battery is a 115 KW/H

Last edited:

Ted000

Jul 12, 2021
Wisconsin
It looks like the 80amp charger is an option for the standard range battery. I'm wondering if you'll be able to back-feed your house with that combination or will you need the extended range battery.