After seeing pricing today, are you still a YES?

Don weller

I was wondering about the lack of height adjustment. I was more worried about the seat being too low. I have not been able to try out the XL for reference. Are the XL seats high enough for someone who is 5’4”? Would it be too high for someone whines 5’10”?
You do know there is a work around to all that,but you would have to do it manually. And how do you do that you ask. Here is one way

If you have a 220 outlet that you can plug into in your house, make your self a male to male pig tail using the appropriate size wire, plug one end into the house and the other end into your F150 lightning.

BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT, MAKE SURE YOU THROW THE MAIN BREAKER IN YOUR HOUSE TO THE OFF POSITION BEFORE YOU PLUG IT IN TO YOUR TRUCK SO YOU ARE NOT BACK FEEDING THE GRID. THEN YOU'LL BE POWERING your house. P.s. you can do the same with 110 v.

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State
I was wondering about the lack of height adjustment. I was more worried about the seat being too low. I have not been able to try out the XL for reference. Are the XL seats high enough for someone who is 5’4”? Would it be too high for someone whines 5’10”?

The ‘22 XL is my work truck. It has wireless CarPlay and Android auto, cruise, A/C, power winders, lane keeping and comfortable seats except at 6’0” tall, 32“ inseam I feel like my head is in the ceiling and I’m looking at the visor. It sits way to high for my liking. I think it would be perfect at 5’8” and probably ok at 5’4”.

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State
You do know there is a work around to all that,but you would have to do it manually. And how do you do that you ask. Here is one way

If you have a 220 outlet that you can plug into in your house, make your self a male to male pig tail using the appropriate size wire, plug one end into the house and the other end into your F150 lightning.

BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT, MAKE SURE YOU THROW THE MAIN BREAKER IN YOUR HOUSE TO THE OFF POSITION BEFORE YOU PLUG IT IN TO YOUR TRUCK SO YOU ARE NOT BACK FEEDING THE GRID. THEN YOU'LL BE POWERING your house. P.s. you can do the same with 110 v.
What you’re proposing is illegal and dangerous. Don’t be cheap and do it right. Hire an electrician.

Don weller

What you’re proposing is illegal and dangerous. Don’t be cheap and do it right. Hire an electrician.
I don't disagree with you blog
Can you explain the danger factor between doing this and using a gas generator. Are you a electrician. If you are not back feeding the grid and only electrifying your house what is the danger involved in doing this. Base on one blog on this site I read someone has done this and claimed it's safe.

If you through your main braker manually, wouldn't that do the same thing as an automatic switch that would do that for you.

On the legality of doing this your probably right. On the danger of doing it this way iam not sure. Explain anyone please.

Azbittel

Jan 4, 2022
Syracuse, NY
Can you explain the danger factor between doing this and using a gas generator. Are you a electrician. If you are not back feeding the grid and only electrifying your house what is the danger involved in doing this. Base on one blog on this site I read someone has done this and claimed it's safe.

If you through your main braker manually, wouldn't that do the same thing as an automatic switch that would do that for you.

On the legality of doing this your probably right. On the danger of doing it this way iam not sure. Explain anyone please.
I would not do it solely to protect my 70k investment. Surely this kills the warranty should something go wrong.

I would bet the truck does not allow you to backfeed unless you have connected the truck to the HIS system in some kind of proprietary system, hence the Cellular connection the Truck and the HIS systems have.

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State

It is technically feasible and I’m not saying that I wouldn’t do it in a pinch but You have time and, presumably the resources if you’re buying a Ford Lightning to do it right. For starters, there’s the NEC, National Electric Code, that is adopted by most states as law. Second, the use of a “dead man” male-male jumper cord. You could do it safe, but a child, someone that doesn’t know anything about electricity could get hurt by unplugging it and exposing high voltage, high current prongs. Third, your utility wouldn’t approve it if they knew it. Technically, yes you could throw the main but do the lineman want to assume that all of their thousands of customers know how not to backfeed the line going to their house? The Code became The Code because someone screwed it up and someone got killed. To answer you question about whether or not I am an electrician, yes. I am. I worked for 23 years as an electrician and my day job now is that I manage a power plant.. Screw this up and you would be criminally liable. Again, there’s a code for a reason. Thanks for asking, be safe and hope you enjoy the Lightning when it comes in.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I sure would like to hear from people how got an email this morning to convert there reservation So fare I have not got anything.

Azbittel

Jan 4, 2022
Syracuse, NY
I sure would like to hear from people how got an email this morning to convert there reservation So fare I have not got anything.
I haven't seen a post in any of the 3 forums about Wave 1 emails. I'm either 1st or 2nd at my dealership so hopefully I make the cut. Sounds like I'll be 2nd for sure if not.

DLStewart

Nov 28, 2021
I was looking at Platinum, but $92K is a bit to stomach. I looked at Lariat, and although better $77K is still a bit much. If I go back to Eco-boost with hybrid on Platinum it's $63K. I can buy a lot of gas and repairs for the difference in prices. Strongly thinking of cancelling my reservation.

Don weller

It is technically feasible and I’m not saying that I wouldn’t do it in a pinch but You have time and, presumably the resources if you’re buying a Ford Lightning to do it right. For starters, there’s the NEC, National Electric Code, that is adopted by most states as law. Second, the use of a “dead man” male-male jumper cord. You could do it safe, but a child, someone that doesn’t know anything about electricity could get hurt by unplugging it and exposing high voltage, high current prongs. Third, your utility wouldn’t approve it if they knew it. Technically, yes you could throw the main but do the lineman want to assume that all of their thousands of customers know how not to backfeed the line going to their house? The Code became The Code because someone screwed it up and someone got killed. To answer you question about whether or not I am an electrician, yes. I am. I worked for 23 years as an electrician and my day job now is that I manage a power plant.. Screw this up and you would be criminally liable. Again, there’s a code for a reason. Thanks for asking, be safe and hope you enjoy the Lightning when it comes in.
Thanks for your reply and the information you provided. I have no intention of doing this like you maby in a pinch. I was mainly interested if it was possible to do this. Based on the blog that someone put on here before saying that it was safe. By the way that person was not an electrician.

Azbittel

Jan 4, 2022
Syracuse, NY
I was looking at Platinum, but $92K is a bit to stomach. I looked at Lariat, and although better $77K is still a bit much. If I go back to Eco-boost with hybrid on Platinum it's $63K. I can buy a lot of gas and repairs for the difference in prices. Strongly thinking of cancelling my reservation.
77000-7500 + difference in gas vs electricity + lower maintenance brings the difference within a few thousand. In your particular comparison. I don't plan on spending nearly that much, bit still using the same logic to justify my purchase no e the less.

Don weller

I agree 92k is a lot of money for any truck. I priced out a XLT which I highly optioned out at 63k

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
I was thinking the same thing; at least with the hybrid, you don't have to worry about range anxiety, not to mention, if you are towing, how much range you will loose on a fully electric. I'm seriously looking into the hybrid, I might even see if I can find a used hybrid.

OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
My dealer got 1 conversion in wave 1, and they said dealers got between 0 & 1 conversions in wave 1.

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State
Thanks for your reply and the information you provided. I have no intention of doing this like you maby in a pinch. I was mainly interested if it was possible to do this. Based on the blog that someone put on here before saying that it was safe. By the way that person was not an electrician.
You are very welcome. Thanks for listening!

Jreed

Oct 21, 2021
Los Angeles
I'm still in for a Lariat 511A, the $10k for the extended range battery is high for an additional 70 miles per charge but that extra mileage gets me to my lake house without stopping. I also like that the tow technology package is included as I tow and launch a boat often.
I will not be investing in rewiring my breaker box to use my truck as a battery backup for my house. I will hire a certified electrician to wire up the Ford charging station. Sunrun installed a solar panel system at my home and the electrical work on my breaker box was absolutely terrible. I will not have sunrun touch my home again. My advice to everyone is STAY AWAY FROM sunrun.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I'm still in for a Lariat 511A, the $10k for the extended range battery is high for an additional 70 miles per charge but that extra mileage gets me to my lake house without stopping. I also like that the tow technology package is included as I tow and launch a boat often.
I will not be investing in rewiring my breaker box to use my truck as a battery backup for my house. I will hire a certified electrician to wire up the Ford charging station. Sunrun installed a solar panel system at my home and the electrical work on my breaker box was absolutely terrible. I will not have sunrun touch my home again. My advice to everyone is STAY AWAY FROM sunrun.
The problem with the Platinum is the towing and hauling goes down with the Platinum I think it is because the truck weighs over 500 more pounds.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I am sure Ford is monitoring there website for the build. We should get on an everyone build the pro maybe they will rethink the pricing