Anyone Officially Order A Lightning?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Did anyone get a call from their dealer today to place an order? We are all dying to know when the first wave of orders is going to start and what the process is like.

Walt

Aug 4, 2021
Did anyone get a call from their dealer today to place an order? We are all dying to know when the first wave of orders is going to start and what the process is like.
I did at 5 pm took a few minutes to get through. Ford says 20 weeks to build time

Carminus

Jan 6, 2022
New Jersey
I did get to order! However, during online order Medford Ford in New Jersey wanted 3k ADM. Called Ford and changed it to Holman Ford in Maple Shade NJ with no ADM.

I gave my new salesman (Mike) my order info and I just have to sign the paper work with $500 deposit.

I ordered the Lariat with extended Battery in antimatter blue, the tough bed liner, all terrain tires for $79,914 total off the top of my head. Also NJ does NOT charge sales tax on BEV, so no tax.

Online says it's build time is 20+ weeks.

Thanks,
Paul

pseudonym

Sep 16, 2021
MA
Based on what I'm reading elsewhere, it sounds like a small first wave. On another forum, one commenter with a 5/19 reservation was able to place an order and another commenter with a 5/19 reservation was not. Could be a dealer prioritization difference, so it's hard to say if 5/19 is the edge of the first wave or not.

A couple people said they were able to log in at Ford.com and were provided with the option to order even before they had received their invitation email from Ford.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
I did get to order! However, during online order Medford Ford in New Jersey wanted 3k ADM. Called Ford and changed it to Holman Ford in Maple Shade NJ with no ADM.

I gave my new salesman (Mike) my order info and I just have to sign the paper work with $500 deposit.

I ordered the Lariat with extended Battery in antimatter blue, the tough bed liner, all terrain tires for $79,914 total off the top of my head. Also NJ does NOT charge sales tax on BEV, so no tax.

Online says it's build time is 20+ weeks.

Thanks,
Paul
Good to know that you see the final price including ADM before you place the order so that you can change to another dealer in case they try to add adm.

Did Medford promise not to add adm before and did they add it anyway?

Do you know if you can cancel your order between now and when they start building it?

Carminus

Jan 6, 2022
New Jersey
Medford never promised anything but the salesman didn't think they would....they did.

I think you can cancel it but lose the deposit (don't quote me on it), you can't however change dealers once you placed the order online.

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Interesting feedback. After searching this and another F-150 forum it appears that most dealers may have only been allotted 1 invite/order. Wow. Not an encouraging sign if this is true. Welcome any feedback out there!

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Pro in ice blue with the trailer tech as my only option
This is what I want except the trailer tech. Can I ask you why you ordered that extra. I am thinking I only need the standard 5,000 lbs of towing. Thanks.

Shadyant

Dec 2, 2021
Florida
I have not received my email invite to order

I can confirm I DO have a day one 5/19 reservation AND I DO have confirmed priority at my selected dealer.

I also cannot order when I’m logged into my reservation at the Ford site. Still shows status as reservation and not order.

Last edited:

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
I pre-ordered mine 9 minutes into the order process opening on 5/19 and have not been invited to convert. I am #11 at my dealer, well now #10 as the dealer got 1 conversion in wave 1.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
It's sounding like Ford is going to spread the initial wave out regardless of the size of the dealership. I'm sure that will change as they ramp up production.

Shadyant

Dec 2, 2021
Florida
I have a 5/19 reservation (like 3/4 through the live event) and I’m #4 priority at my dealer and he confirmed that of his OVER 200+ reservations his dealer had taken he got ONE invite to convert to actual order today.
That person did a Platinum.

He also shared that he spoke to a manager friend at another local (FL) dealer that had a ton of reservations and that dealer also only had ONE person invited to convert.

It almost seems like Ford did a test run in the first wave to test their order site and dealer acceptance process before opening more of the fire hose of orders.

We shall see.

paulhrab

Jan 7, 2022
Rural Valley, PA
I received the email from Ford to begin the order process. First step is to submit a $1000 deposit. Submitted my order preferences to Ford and they forwarded them to my dealer for conformations. Discussed the order with the dealer and they should place the order Monday. I already own a 2021 Mach E that I purchased from the same dealership. Love the car! Can't wait for the truck. Ordered the Platinum with the big battery in Rapid Red. Not many extras at that level. Should end up around $90k. Includes the charger.

Last edited: