Can this be true?

Old Aviator

Nov 18, 2021
WPB
I made res on 2nd day which I understand totaled around 40,000 reservations.

I did not expect any opportuninty to order a 22. My dealer Mulinax in WPB sent me a general sales email and I thought it was time to ask where I stand in their order queue. They texted me back 62. I find that almost impossible to believe. Planning to contacting other dealers in Florida. Anyone who made a res in the first 2 days find thenselves that far down the order line?

There are over 3000 ford dealers in the US and based on that queue number I would guess well over 120,000 Lightenings will have have been delivered before I even get the chance to order one and my res was in the first 40k.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021

I did not expect any opportuninty to order a 22. My dealer Mulinax in WPB sent me a general sales email and I thought it was time to ask where I stand in their order queue. They texted me back 62. I find that almost impossible to believe. Planning to contacting other dealers in Florida. Anyone who made a res in the first 2 days find thenselves that far down the order line?

There are over 3000 ford dealers in the US and based on that queue number I would guess well over 120,000 Lightenings will have have been delivered before I even get the chance to order one and my res was in the first 40k.
It is true. That same thing happened to me. I called up and the girl told me without me asking that I was in wave one. When wave 2 passed me by I called again and some man when and looked and said I was 62. After was 3 went by I called the rep told me he looked it up and I was 94 and the dealership had 10 allocation. So I am moving.

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA

Believe it! I pre-ordered 8-9 minutes into the reservations opening and I did not get a MY22 because I was #11 at my dealer, and Ford gave them a total of 2 to convert to orders.

I'm guessing that was because my dealer is in second-class citizens state in Ford eyes, as it seems that they gave much larger reservations to NY, California, Texas etc...

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
The fact is Ford was always only going to make 15,000 trucks for 2022. now spread that around to 3,500 dealer and commercial dealer and that does not leave us a very good chance of getting a 2022.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
yep, no matter 'when' you reserved, the number of reservations/allocations at each dealer may have more to do with 'who' gets to order than who got their reservation in 'first'... it almost doesn't seem fair, from an overall standing-in-line scenario, but ultimately we are all standing-in-line at different dealers, where a dealer like mine may have only had one person in line, ME.
Ford wants to blanket the country with LIGHTNINGS, and no one can blame them, and since their dealer network is who is actually 'selling' these to the public, then as many DEALERS as can should be getting an allocation for a customer, along with the allocation for their own DEMO unit.

I saw TWO just today, in Orlando, at Sun State Ford. I just happened to look over across the 6 lane highway 50/Colonial drive and see a truck 'plugged in'. On the way back I pulled in and found not only the 'plugged in' Lightning, which was a customer's LARIAT, but also a matching white PRO, the demo for the dealership. It looks like they both just landed off the transport, and no one had even yet inspected or pulled off any plastic on either. I opened the door of the PRO, which was open, inspected it myself, pulled back the plastic on the Leather seats(oh, I'm sorry, the 'feels just like leather Vinyl' seating!), pushed the 'frunk' opening button, showed off the frunk to my wife, and looked over the Window Sticker to see that it was the exact PRO I have ordered, to be built in about a month.
The dealer owner told me that the Lariat was obviously their 'customer' order allocation, and the PRO demo could not be sold for 6 months, but ALREADY had a deposit from a drooling and hopeful customer, who may have to wait LESS time than most of us to get one. I'll bet he'll pay a 'little' bit more, tho.

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
I’ve been frustrated with the reservation system and now know it has nothing to do with when you’ll get a vehicle in 99% off reservations. I’m tired of hearing and seeing all the hype and advertising. i reserved early day three and have no idea when I’ll get to order but i keep seeing anyone can get one next year. I saw a new rivian in the neighborhood this week end and it looks good I’m just not into a brand i dont believe in yet. Ford reservation system is just a free loan they don’t even manage. Frustrated CD

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
yes, it would be nice if there was more transparency, but Ford is not like Rivian and Tesla, who sell directly to the customer, and can better give them feedback, since there is no one 'else' in the mix - Ford, though, is selling to a Dealer, who is then selling to you, the customer - it's not the same, and while it would seem that they could easily change this to meet our needs, I'll assure you that it's not.
It's akin to Amazon using dealers, or stores, where you might choose to pick up your item after you've 'ordered' it thru Amazon. The store had nothing to do with the order, but they are the 'pick up' location for it. They really don't know much about 'when' it will arrive, and since they didn't order it, they probably aren't checking every minute of every day to find out. It will be there when it's there.

Ford has a lot to do to receive orders, schedule orders, have the correct parts for the orders, and then to actually BUILD the orders, not to mention the QC, shipping logistics, and all the additional needs and requirements to get it to their dealer. They are maximizing their commodities and parts in order to build the best 'mix' of models, and certainly want the most profit from each order. It's not perfect, and it's not always what seems best for us, but I can assure all of us that Ford is not doing anything to 'slow' the process, they are, after all, a SALES business, but, it just doesn't FEEL like they are into the customer service side of the equation as much as they could be. I agree with that sentiment. I would like more info, as well, as to why my PRO, ordered Jan 6th, and originally scheduled for May 30th week Build, has been pushed back not only to 6/6, but then to 6/13, and then again to 6/20, and a kick in the stomach to now JULY 4th week. What??????

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
This is an extremely frustrating process. I reserved on day 4. Somehow I was lucky enough to get an invite to configure around March or April but my desired model $40,000 Pro version was sold out, as was the $52,000 xl, so I extended my reservation to MY 2023.
Now the wait continues.
It looks like that 15,000 number for 2022 was accurate. I am hopeful the 80,000 number they list in the frequently asked questions on their home page is also accurate, and there is a Pro there for me.

FamousTPerks

Dec 20, 2021
Jacksonville, FL

Old Aviator,
I reserved at Coggin Ford in Jacksonville, and also reserved within 5 minutes of the reservation opening. They’ve been upfront with me about only receiving a handful of allocations for MY22. They also didn’t prioritize anyone, I was told. No biggie IMO. They’ve kept me up-to-date with anything they know coming from Ford. A big plus: They DID put me on a short-list for callbacks if someone bails on their order.
Also, no ADM.