Has anyone got an email from Ford

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
Update - Ford sent me my order email two days ago. For whatever reason, I have a dealer who can not or will not let the order process happen on-line. I called them up, placed the order, and got confirmation today. I signed an order form, and was not asked for a deposit. No ADM or any other fees listed on the order form other than the two options I added and the destination fee. I reserved on 5/20, and I live in a state that seems to be one of the states that Ford is favoring for some kind of EV credit. I was told by my dealer that I was a wave 2 order, but I'm not sure if I was wave 2 or 3. No details about delivery times/dates (I get it). Order was for a Rapid Red, Lariat-ER without Max Tow. Will be curious to see if delivery is closer to June or closer to December. :) Once the dealer placed the order, I got another email from Ford confirming the order and moving my status along. Other than the early-order snafu, everything seems to be moving along.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
Update - Ford sent me my order email two days ago. For whatever reason, I have a dealer who can not or will not let the order process happen on-line. I called them up, placed the order, and got confirmation today. I signed an order form, and was not asked for a deposit. No ADM or any other fees listed on the order form other than the two options I added and the destination fee. I reserved on 5/20, and I live in a state that seems to be one of the states that Ford is favoring for some kind of EV credit. I was told by my dealer that I was a wave 2 order, but I'm not sure if I was wave 2 or 3. No details about delivery times/dates (I get it). Order was for a Rapid Red, Lariat-ER without Max Tow. Will be curious to see if delivery is closer to June or closer to December. :) Once the dealer placed the order, I got another email from Ford confirming the order and moving my status along. Other than the early-order snafu, everything seems to be moving along.
Fellow Mass.... Ford guy!!
What dealer are you going through?
Did they secure a copy of your driver's license?

These are important steps in getting FMCO to schedule your truck for production.

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
Fellow Mass.... Ford guy!!
What dealer are you going through?
Did they secure a copy of your driver's license?

These are important steps in getting FMCO to schedule your truck for production.
Yes, when I went in for the initial order attempt, they grabbed a copy of my DL. I'm working with Ira Ford, which was until very recently Prime Ford, out in Auburn. So far they've been pretty up-front with me. I think I heard them say they had 6 trucks in the first allocation. Unsure if that is for a wave or for MY22.

dcreeron

Feb 7, 2022
Yes, when I went in for the initial order attempt, they grabbed a copy of my DL. I'm working with Ira Ford, which was until very recently Prime Ford, out in Auburn. So far they've been pretty up-front with me. I think I heard them say they had 6 trucks in the first allocation. Unsure if that is for a wave or for MY22.

Hey there. I'm over in Charlton and going through Ira as well. So far, they haven't been very forthcoming with any real info. I seem to know more from these forums than they do.

My reservation disappeared from the Ford site after the dealership changed ownership, but Ford said it was still there. At first Ira told me I'd need to pay another deposit; Ford said not needed. My reservation page finally updated last week, but it just changed to "Sorry to hit the brakes. Ira won't be taking online orders." I emailed and called them and got more non-answers from Spiro. Then the next day my reservation was showing up again on Ford, and there was no more message about not allowing the online order.

Who have you been talking to there? I've talked with Spiro and Pete. I think they mentioned someone named Gene?

Good luck with the rest of your order process! I got in late, so I'm not really expecting anything anytime soon.

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
Hey there. I'm over in Charlton and going through Ira as well. So far, they haven't been very forthcoming with any real info. I seem to know more from these forums than they do.

My reservation disappeared from the Ford site after the dealership changed ownership, but Ford said it was still there. At first Ira told me I'd need to pay another deposit; Ford said not needed. My reservation page finally updated last week, but it just changed to "Sorry to hit the brakes. Ira won't be taking online orders." I emailed and called them and got more non-answers from Spiro. Then the next day my reservation was showing up again on Ford, and there was no more message about not allowing the online order.

Who have you been talking to there? I've talked with Spiro and Pete. I think they mentioned someone named Gene?

Good luck with the rest of your order process! I got in late, so I'm not really expecting anything anytime soon.
I've been working with a salesman named Kyle. I think he is sort of the EV go-to guy in that showroom. I've chatted with him a bunch about EVs and whatnot while there on service visits, and he helped get the gears moving for me after Prime Ford became Ira and we had the reservation refund issue.

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
@CondorActual & @dcreeron glad you guys landed at a dealer that seems to be working for you.

Was the deal good, low/no ADM?
I may be looking to move my order very soon.
Take it for what it's worth, but I was given an order report that priced the truck at MSRP, no ADM. My sales rep also assured me that they were not interested in the ADM play. My impression is that Ira is a high volume dealership, and they don't need to play those kind of games. No idea if they will try to overcharge me at delivery/financing time, but right now it's all good.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
If you already ordered, I don't believe you can move your reservation. Only if you have not ordered yet can you move to another dealer.

I believe, if not correct me.... but while the order is proffered but not ACCEPTED by the initial dealer FMCO CSR can move it manually
--or--

I can ask the current dealer to "DECLINE" my pending offer to them, this is supposed to RESET the self-service ordering experience according to the FAQ's on the the FORD site.

I have not read any experiences from folks doing this yet, but I'll clear that with FORD before doing either.

1644337846093.png

Last edited:

Poolman02

Feb 8, 2022
Rhode Island

2022 F-150 LIGHTNING PLATINUM

Order Status​

• Order Sent to Dealer
    Order Sent to Dealer

• Order Accepted by Dealer
    Order Accepted by Dealer

• Scheduled For Production

I did my reservation 10/21 and got my email and ordered on 2/2 online. Don't know how I got moved up as so many did there reservation
as soon as it opened. They said 24 weeks.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Honestly I’m not really sure. The allotment was specific to my dealer. They had no idea what wave or anything. I think I knew more than they did.
That sounds like my dealer no one knows shit

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
2022 F-150 LIGHTNING PLATINUM

Order Status​

• Order Sent to Dealer
  • Order Accepted by Dealer
  • Scheduled For Production

I did my reservation 10/21 and got my email and ordered on 2/2 online. Don't know how I got moved up as so many did there reservation
as soon as it opened. They said 24 weeks.

Which Ford dealer are you working with @Poolman02 ?

Grumpy

Jan 24, 2022
Oregon
It seems Ford has agreed they have 200k reservations for the Lightning, that equates to a $20,000,000 interest-free loan from the public.

You would think they would provide much better clarity to the public about those reservations.

Designerguy227

Mar 3, 2022
Chandler AZ
I made my reservation at 6am eastern time on 5/20 - and I've received no communications from Ford. My local dealership has a 3 vehicle allocation this year but it's unclear to me where I stand in line at this point. Does anyone know how Ford is allocating reservations? It can't be purely by date of the reservation or I'd assume I'd be pretty much a lock for a 2022 delivery,
Yeah... I'm so disappointed in Ford for the botched roll-out. Wish there was another option for an electric truck so I could buy Chevy or Ram.

Designerguy227

Mar 3, 2022
Chandler AZ
It seems Ford has agreed they have 200k reservations for the Lightning, that equates to a $20,000,000 interest-free loan from the public.

You would think they would provide much better clarity to the public about those reservations.
200,000 Reservation Holders playing by the rules... probably another 20,000 people paying extra to jump to the front of the Order line.

hobcat53

Apr 8, 2022
ohio
On 1/7/22 I received ready to order on my Ford page, filled out order and sent it to my Dealership. Dealership sent it in the next day. Two weeks later my Salesman called and said that there was no record of my order with Ford, told me to call the hot line. Called Ford and was told that there had been a "glitch" and myself and a few others had been kicked out. WTH! Two days later I received an email to order....Ordered on 2/3/2022, which put me in the 3rd wave....I'm #1 priority at my Dealership, but I'm in the 3rd wave...how does this work out? I've seen where other people that reserved later than 5/19 and they already have a build date, huh, does not make sense. This is driving me nuts! I'm getting up in age and I don't even buy green bananas. The wait and not knowing is killing me.