I propose new Forum Thread for ‘Lighting First Deliveries’

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hi all,

I am one of the unfortunate reservation holders that will not get a 2022 - but I am very interested in living VICAROUSLY thru those who did manage to snag an order and I think it would be great if we had a new “Lightning First Deliveries” forum where the people who did order can share their experience with everyone, first drives, dealer experience, photos, gripes, etc.

Thoughts?

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
I'm sure we will see several pop up as they occur, ADMIN or Moderator will probably get one started as soon as we see the dates update to build day, shipped out of the factory and ready to complete purchase at dealer.

1647378005662.png

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
I plan on immediately charging the 100%, taking a straightline 50mile out/50mile back mileage test, unloaded, then charging again, and doing the same test pulling a 2,500lb camper.

We'll see....
I look forward to your report and anyone else doing similar, might be a game changer for my decision when faced with unknown ADM but known performance under haul conditions.

PeterF

Jan 13, 2022
Madison, WI
I am one of the unfortunate reservation holders that will not get a 2022 - but I am very interested in living VICAROUSLY thru those who did manage to snag an order and I think it would be great if we had a new “Lightning First Deliveries” forum where the people who did order can share their experience with everyone, first drives, dealer experience, photos, gripes, etc.
I promise to share loads of photos and impressions once I get mine - probably sometime in early June. (Build week 5/16)

SHayes6745604846

Mar 22, 2022
Central Washington state
Exciting phone call this am: our Lightning has been serialized, has a VIN, scheduled for production April 22 and delivery spring ‘22
What is your model? It sure seems like ford is only making the lariats/platinums first before they schedule pro’s and xlt’s for production.. I was in wave one and placed my order within 2 hours of getting the invite to order, and dealer confirmed my order the next morning at 8:00am. Mine still hasn’t been scheduled for production…

RockNHorse

Mar 21, 2022
Ontario
What is your model? It sure seems like ford is only making the lariats/platinums first before they schedule pro’s and xlt’s for production.. I was in wave one and placed my order within 2 hours of getting the invite to order, and dealer confirmed my order the next morning at 8:00am. Mine still hasn’t been scheduled for production…
Lariat 511A Equipment Group with extended range battery

PeterF

Jan 13, 2022
Madison, WI
Mine is a Lariat as well. So far production date is 5/16…
I’ve heard of XLTs with an earlier production date than mine, so can’t figure out if there’s any logic to the production line allocation 🤷🏼‍♂️

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I think now with the new plant they can make a XLT ,Lariat and a Platinum all on the same day. The vehicles move from station to station on those robot skids. But I do not know that for sure.

Last edited: