Inflation Reduction Act $80k limit

Dear @FoMoCo
You’re about to get your customers aced out of the $7500 EV tax incentive in the ‘Inflation Reduction Act” (seriously. couldn’t they come up with a better name?) considering your most popular Lightning model is the ER Lariat with max tow package is north of the $80k limit by less than $100, Either find $100 to drop on the price or get the bill changed by your lobbyists!
Love Kev

Dear @FoMoCo
You’re about to get your customers aced out of the $7500 EV tax incentive in the ‘Inflation Reduction Act” (seriously. couldn’t they come up with a better name?) considering your most popular Lightning model is the ER Lariat with max tow package is north of the $80k limit by less than $100, Either find $100 to drop on the price or get the bill changed by your lobbyists!
Love Kev
No doubt, you might get away with the Lariat LR w/o any other options to just squeak under the limit. BTW it should be the Inflation and Tax Expansion Act!

With the new Tax bill it says if you have a order to by in 2022 then you get the $7500 tax rebate. If you have an order to buy January 1 of 2023 then you get the $7500 off of the sells price if it does not cost over $80,000. I think most of use will get to order befor January 1 2023 so there is no cap on the tax rebate

No doubt, you might get away with the Lariat LR w/o any other options to just squeak under the limit. BTW it should be the Inflation and Tax Expansion Act!
With the new Tax bill it says if you have a order to by in 2022 then you get the $7500 tax rebate. If you have an order to buy January 1 of 2023 then you get the $7500 off of the sells price if it does not cost over $80,000. I think most of use will get to order befor January 1 2023 so there is no cap on the tax rebate
You know, I think you’re right! Without it I was going to go with the ER XLT if it meant getting the tax rebate or not but Apples-Apples, the Lariat with the cushy AC cooled seats is a much nicer truck for not much more.

I think the other changes to this bill to be aware of is that the rebate applies only to those that make less than $300,000 if they file jointly. The cap is $150,000 for those that file separately.
It is a bit confusing as to when these changes take place. It is supposed to take effect as soon as the bill is signed but there is some wiggle room for those that have a ”purchase order” already in place before 1/01/2023. Any tax experts on here feel free to chime in as the tax code is far too complicated.

The Fed and States shouldn't be subsidizing EV's. They should be investing in charging infrastructure. The EV's will sell themselves, the Infrastructure doesn't offer an ROI attractive to investors.

2 cents
Twidget

I think the other changes to this bill to be aware of is that the rebate applies only to those that make less than $300,000 if they file jointly. The cap is $150,000 for those that file separately.
It is a bit confusing as to when these changes take place. It is supposed to take effect as soon as the bill is signed but there is some wiggle room for those that have a ”purchase order” already in place before 1/01/2023. Any tax experts on here feel free to chime in as the tax code is far too complicated.
If you have an order now or before January 1 2023 you are under the old plan. You get $7500 Tax credit. The New bill will not go into effect until January 1 2023

The Fed and States shouldn't be subsidizing EV's. They should be investing in charging infrastructure. The EV's will sell themselves, the Infrastructure doesn't offer an ROI attractive to investors.

2 cents
Twidget
Congress passed an infrastructure bill this year that had $7.5 billion for charging stations

Didn't know that. Saw the $5b over 5 years one. Came to 7.7 million this year for my state, so in DCFC's that comes to 67 chargers for the state. A move in the right direction.

Curious where the Lightning is on meeting the battery material sourcing requirements.

I don't believe anything I hear or read on Fox. As for sk is a global company in South Korea but it make the battery for Ford in Georgia so i would think they get there materials from the US.

Well It looks like batteries are also coming from China So we would have to look on each battery to see if we qualify mybe the bill will get changed before it passes.

I think most of use will be under the old bill. If you get to order before January 1 2023

Last edited:
I don't believe anything I hear or read on Fox. As for sk is a global company in South Korea but it make the battery for Ford in Georgia so i would think they get there materials from the US.

Well It looks like batteries are also coming from China So we would have to look on each battery to see if we qualify mybe the bill will get changed before it passes.

I think most of use will be under the old bill. If you get to order before January 1 2023
Don’t believe Fox?? Perhaps you should actually read the article and don’t let your liberal bias come through. The article quotes the head of the
Alliance for Automotive Innovation. Which by the way represents Ford, GM and Toyota.

from my research, most of the big three are using SK and others that have operations here in the US, and will easily qualify, but, unfortunately, TESLA, the biggest EV maker does NOT since they are sourcing batteries from China.

and no, I also don't believe FOX news, or CNN news, or even TBN news - I do my own homework. Sometimes I don't even believe the internet : )

Granger for in Iowa is offering $1000 off MSRP, I moved my reservation there so maybe if my reservation doesn't make it through this year, I can still qualify for the $7500 off of a lariat with max tow.

@FoMoCo better bring some cheap money to the party or they’re going to get some help clearing up the wait list. :-((
And now they are charging for charging components that used to be included in the price. Options like Max towing costs have gone up and no onboard scales or massaging seats. Luxury price for no luxury. The door charge is getting really steep.

Back